UT Employment Specialist SL County (52669)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states.
We are in need of a Job Coach or Employment Specialist to assist those within our services in finding and keeping jobs. This position will work with voc rehab and other state entities to find, and maintain competitive employment for individuals with disabilities.
Come do the most rewarding work of your life! Here at RISE our Mission is to create opportunities for and with people, and with this position you will help enrich others lives by giving them the means and opportunities to find more Independence!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide employment assistance (acquiring and maintaining employment) and be a mentor to people receiving support through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Understand responsibilities in supporting people in achieving and maintaining integrated and competitive employment. This includes keeping required documentation and any other prescribed or related task.
- Assist people (as applicable to the person) with the following supports: resume assistance, interview preparation and assistance, job development and job searching techniques, marketing individuals' employment skills, hygiene, encouraging relationships, provide/arrange transportation, and other needs of the person as identified by the team.
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in developing skills necessary for gaining and maintaining employment.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of a person's skills, talents, interests and motivation, and identify any areas for improvement.
- Educating potential employers about supported employment
- Experience and/or education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing is a plus.
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities or special needs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must pass a criminal background screening.
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle to be used for transporting individuals, acceptable Driving Record, and current automobile insurance that meets minimum requirements of RISE insurance policies.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY