Tax Administrative Assistant
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Tax Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Tax Department in processing employment related taxes for household employers with high accuracy; as determined and/or directed by Acumen, the Internal Revenue Service, Social Security Administration, state taxing authorities. The Tax Administrative Assistant will assist the Tax Manager with tasks related to process analytics, process improvements, and data collection.
- Coordinate tax work papers and tax return assembly.
- Submit electronic registrations/filings and track acceptances.
- Conducts thorough and accurate review of applicable paperwork.
- Responsible for overall document organization including scanning and storage.
- Perform clerical duties, including answering phone calls, responding to emails, and maintaining files and documents.
- Provide support to Tax Department team as needed, including assisting with the tax process.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and complete special projects as needed.
- Manage calendars and schedule appointments and meetings.
- Works well independently with limited supervision.
- Uses strategic thinking to complete multiple tasks.
- Identify and share opportunities for process improvements and improved working conditions.
- Willing to work other than typical work hours and days to meet high volume demands.
- Work closely with the Tax Operations team to keep the Tax Dept and tax season running smoothly.
- Performs other work-related activities as assigned.
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly.
- High school diploma, with some college level accounting courses preferred.
- Must be able to effectively handle heavy volume of paperwork at one time.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a professional manner.
- Accuracy and the ability to handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- High standard of integrity.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, task oriented, good interpersonal skills. Patience, perseverance, and follow through skills.
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult situations.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands successfully.
- Must be able to plan for and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to use all office equipment.
- Knowledge of advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Pro and Google Suite applications.
- Ability to work with dual computer monitors and multiple applications.
- Ability to work with people who have limited English proficiency and various disabilities.
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY