Supported Living Coordinator - Eugene (67387)
RISE is currently recruiting for a Supported Living Coordinator. Do you have a background in social services and are passionate about making a difference? This is the role for you!
What does this role entail?
Our Supported Living Coordinator position involves managing a home that supports an individual who is diagnosed with a Developmental Disability. This position is ideal for someone who is a team player, goal-oriented, and focused on providing a person centered approach towards people with intellectual or developmental disabilities. The Coordinator role encompasses managing the schedule, employee relations and training of Direct Support Professionals. Maintaining frequent contact and communication with families, managers, county/state personnel and Direct Support Professionals is necessary.
Who are we?
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
Key Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible to recruit, hire, coach, train, evaluate, supervise and discipline Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). Verify and approve timecards.
- Train DSPs on safety and financial plans and appropriately carrying out strategies outlined including emotional and cognitive support, activities of daily living, role-modeling, positive behavior supports, personal protective interventions, promoting choice, and maintaining safety.
- Develop, write, and update Individual Support Plan (ISP) documents in partnership with the individuals team.
- Oversee client financials and monthly budget for the program.
- Act as representative and advocate regarding any medical or financial matter for the clients in the program.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships and professional boundaries with team members, DSPs, and clients.
- Quickly and effectively respond to and guide staff during emergency situations and natural disasters per RISE guidelines such as fire, application of First Aid, CPR, approved medical protocols, behavior intervention, etc.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in social services (or a related field) or 2-3 years of related experience.
- 1 years of experience in the developmental disability/mental health field is required.
- 1 years of experience in a leadership position is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some travel required.
- Ability to work on call hours required.
- Must pass a criminal background check, be 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and good driving record required.
RISE is driven to break the model of institutionalized care for individuals with disabilities by providing exceptional 1:1 care in a residential home. We live this mission by providing various programs to grow and support our staff. We offer thorough in person and online training to all staff, tuition reimbursement programs, generous time off package (13 paid holidays!), paid parental leave, ongoing career opportunities and more!
This is a full time salaried position with a complete benefits package including flexible schedules, competitive wages, medical and dental insurance, paid time off and 403B saving and retirement plans. Join the RISE team today and know you are making a stand to make the difference in your community!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- (a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
- (b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
- (c) US mail
- (d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.