Supported Living Coordinator - Albany (62893)
RISE is currently recruiting for a Supported Living Coordinator in the Albany area. Do you have a background in social services and are passionate about making a difference? This is the role for you!
Our Supported Living Coordinator position involves managing a home that supports an individual who is diagnosed with a Developmental Disability. This position is ideal for someone who is a team player, goal-oriented, and focused on providing a person centered approach towards people with intellectual or developmental disabilities. The Coordinator role encompasses managing the schedule, employee relations and training of Direct Support Professionals. Maintaining frequent contact and communication with families, managers, county/state personnel and Direct Support Professionals is necessary.
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in social services (or a related field) or 2-3 years of related experience.
- 1 years of experience in the developmental disability/mental health field is required.
- 1 years of experience in a leadership position is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some travel required.
- Ability to work on call hours required.
- Must pass a criminal background check, be 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and good driving record required.
KEY ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct care services 30 hours a week and 10 hours on administrative tasks running the program
- Responsible to recruit, hire, coach, train, evaluate, supervise and discipline Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). Verify and approve timecards.
- Train DSPs on safety and financial plans and appropriately carrying out strategies outlined including emotional and cognitive support, activities of daily living, role-modeling, positive behavior supports, personal protective interventions, promoting choice, and maintaining safety.
- Develop, write, and update Individual Support Plan (ISP) documents in partnership with the individual’s team.
- Oversee client financials and monthly budget for the program.
- Act as representative and advocate regarding any medical or financial matter for the clients in the program.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships and professional boundaries with team members, DSPs, and clients.
- Quickly and effectively respond to and guide staff during emergency situations and natural disasters per RISE guidelines such as fire, application of First Aid, CPR, approved medical protocols, behavior intervention, etc.
The Supported Living Coordinator role is a salary management position and includes a competitive wage, family medical, dental, vision, paid vacations and holidays, life insurance and 403b retirement plan. This is an ideal role for anyone seeking a growth opportunity and is driven to make an impact in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities!
This position is considered a healthcare worker by the State of Oregon and requires a COVID-19 vaccination or to have a valid medical or religious exemption.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.