Supervisor, Family Support Services (75453)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home.
RISE FAMILY SERVICES specializes in finding and supporting loving and caring families for children and adults in need of foster and/or adoptive homes. RISE provides support through many different programs. Through the Family Services Program we recruit, train, prepare, support and mentor individuals and families to provide stable homes for children in the custody of Arizona's Department of Child Safety (DCS) as well as adults and children with developmental disabilities.
We are currently in a search to hire a Supervisor, Family Support Services. The Supervisor, Family Support Services position provides oversight and supervision to a team to support RISE Family Services’ Family Connections, Nurturing Parent and SENSE RN (FC/NPP/SENSE) programs. Including providing therapeutic and support services to biological families through the implementation of the RISE Family Services’ mission, vision, and values and maintain compliance with all company and state regulations and policies.
- The type of work involved is community-based and includes field work along with occasional office work out of our Mesa, Arizona office location
- Manage and support a team of five to six staff to ensure services are being effectively provided as assigned
- Accepts responsibility for cases assigned by the Family Support Services Director
- Provide short term, evidence-based curriculum, time-limited therapeutic services based on the needs, concerns and stressors of the child(ren) and the family, and enhance the protective capacities or strengthen the protective factors identified and outlined by ADCS
- Meet with families based on contract requirements and their needs (weekly, monthly) to address and resolve issues or concerns, therapeutically including but not limited to: crisis intervention, individual, family or marital counseling, conflict resolution and or anger management
- Ensure contract timelines are being met and act as Lead for assigned cases
- Be flexible to meet the needs of the families served, including evenings and weekends. Accepts emergency phone responsibility when assigned
- Must have a Master’s Degree with five (5) years of related work experience
- Must have a working knowledge of family systems theory, and best practices
- Education and/or experience related to the service provided, including the ability to relate to families of varied lifestyles, backgrounds, and ethnicities
- Experience with cultural diversity, assessing a family’s strengths and weaknesses, knowledge of child abuse and neglect and child development, and a working knowledge of the Department of Child Safety
- Must have experience leading a team and managing other employees
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job task required and communicate effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating listening skills; must be able to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form; must be able to read and interpret written information; and must be able to communicate with multiple customers including the people receiving support, advisors, state personnel (ADCS) and others
- Ability to write and review assessments, maintain accurate documentation, and interpret policies and state regulations.
- Language ability (other than English) may be required to meet specific needs of people receiving support
- Appropriate telephone etiquette and skills required along with utilization of personal cell phone
- Knowledge of Google Suite software
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed
- Preference will be given to candidates who are a licensed counselor (LPC/LAC) or licensed marriage family therapist (LMFT) in Arizona
Additional Candidacy Requirements:
- Must obtain satisfactory background check and a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card (Must clear an Arizona Central Registry check; have not been placed on probation or parole for the last ten (10) years from present date; have no civil, criminal, or juvenile restraining orders within the last ten (10) years from present date); and/or have no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract)
- Must be able to obtain a clear pre-employment drug test result, as well as clear random annual drug testing results
- Must have reliable transportation that passes RISE random vehicle inspections; possess valid car insurance and registration and a valid Arizona driver's license that has not been suspended or revoked within the last three (3) years from present date
- Minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet driver requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
If you meet the qualifications on this posting and are interested in joining an amazing team that contributes in making a difference, apply online and include your resume and a cover letter with your application.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.