Summer Lead DSP - West Jordan
RISE Services, a nonprofit human services organization, is seeking a part time Summer Lead DSP with a passion for supporting people with disabilities. Services provided include budgeting, medical support, personal hygiene, transportation, social activities, and other life skills. Benefits are available and pay is $11.50/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct support to residents and cover shifts when necessary.
- Assist supervisor with monthly paperwork and attending doctor’s appointments for residents.
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is maintained
- Schedule and assist with completion of activities and skills development goals
- Reliably report to work on time and as scheduled
- Attend staff meetings and other mandatory training as required by RISE
- Notify management of changes with individuals and assist supervisor as appropriate.
- Act as a role model in using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free from abuse, neglect and/or exploitation
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Must have a valid ID and be able to pass a background screening
- Interest in serving others and working with people with disabilities
- Committed to working with a team; strong communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Experience and/or education in developmental disabilities or related field is preferred but not required
Learn more about our DSP position:
The video below shares a realistic job preview for our Direct Support Providers. Please take the time to watch this video prior to applying to ensure that this is the right opportunity for you.