Senior Software Developer UI
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Direct Care Innovations (DCI) is a Software as a Service (SaaS) provider offering a state-of-the-art business management platform designed uniquely for Medicaid service providers. Our software gives providers the power of their data through automation to reduce overtime, increase utilization, and control their budget. This allows us to achieve our mission of providers being able to put money back in the hands of direct care workers. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify. All of this makes DCI a great and fulfilling place to work.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Senior Software Developer UI will lead the design and development of user interfaces for our web and mobile products. The Senior Software Developer UI will be responsible for collaborating with the product and development teams to design and code user interfaces that meet product design standards, including WCAG 2.1 and Section 508 compliance. Additionally, the Senior Software Developer UI requires conducting user research and usability testing to inform design decisions, and creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that effectively communicate design concepts.
- Conduct user research to gather insights and understand user needs, preferences, and behaviors.
- Collaborate with product and development teams to design and code user interfaces that meet business and accessibility standards.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on accessibility considerations within the context of the company's tech stack and business model.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of design systems and pattern libraries to promote consistency and accessibility.
- Troubleshoot and solve accessibility-related issues to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Conducts accessibility audits and provide recommendations for improving accessibility
- ALL DCI employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly. This position is expected to exert the utmost care, due diligence, and ensure the proper compliance for all computer, server and cloud systems. This position is trusted to ensure proper protections for all sensitive information created, stored, transmitted and otherwise processed by supporting barriers deterring unauthorized access, recognizing and reporting problems that are uncharacteristic of business activity and known and as-yet unrecognized vulnerabilities and risks in hardware and software. This position will support the management and monitoring of any attacks and intrusions, forensics and subsequent activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Understanding and familiarity with ASP.NET MVC architecture
- Awareness of accessibility guidelines and standards, including WCAG 2.1 and Section 508
- Expertise in designing and developing user interfaces for new and complex legacy web and mobile applications.
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing to inform design decisions.
- Ability to create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that effectively communicate design concepts
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and project management tools such as Jira
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, and designers.
- Ability to conduct accessibility audits and provide recommendations for improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft .NET and Azure technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in UX/UI design and front-end development
- Experience with accessibility UI testing tools and methods
- Ability to design and code user interfaces that meet accessibility standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
DCI is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 105232