Residential Direct Support Professional
RISE provides services for people with disabilities including residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and hourly supports.
Our mission is to create opportunities for and with people. This encompasses not only individuals and families for whom we provide services and supports to, but also employees and stakeholders. We believe in the individuals, families and employees who are part of our organization and that opportunities can and should be created through all of our actions.
As a Residential Direct Support Professional, you'll provide personalized care to individuals living in one of our group homes statewide. Your goal is to engage with and be present for milestones in your clients lives, both big and small. Your success will ensure the independence, emotional, and physical safety of the humans in our care. This includes but not limited to: assisting people with daily living, hygiene, meal prep, mobility, and behavioral supports.
- Provide assistance to people receiving support through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Demonstrate respect and promote choice.
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Follow clients plan to achieve desired outcomes and provide supports as indicated.
- Keeping required electronic and paper documentation including data tracking, completing Incident Reports (IRs), and clocking time) and shift notes in compliance with Electronic Visit Verification (EVV through DCI)
- Assist people (as applicable to the person) with the following supports:
- Daily living
- Intimate care
- Encouraging relationships
- Accessing their community, provide/arrange transportation
- Therapeutic objectives
- Skill development
- Behavioral supports to include redirecting and/or physically supporting people using approved techniques
- Adequate supervision
- Medication and medical issues when indicated. Shall follow medical protocols and doctors orders and implement specialized interventions for dealing with unique health needs as required
- Other needs of the person as identified by the team
- Communicate status of supports and other issues/problems as needed with supervisor
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior as needed.
- Ensure that individuals health and safety are maintained.
- Quickly and effectively respond to emergency situations and natural disasters such as fire, application of First Aid, CPR, approved medical protocols, behavior intervention, etc.
- Providing care for individuals receiving support and meeting minimum supervision levels
- Attend staff meetings and other mandatory training as required by RISE
- Plan and implement meaningful activities that promote skill development for people receiving support.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Approved Background Clearance Application, through the Office of Licensing annually
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required
- Reliable transportation to the work site and for transporting people, if applicable.
- Access to a telephone
- Must be able to meet minimum training requirements and complete renewals as assigned
- Must be 21+ if required to drive an approved RISE vehicle and maintain a valid Drivers License, acceptable Driving Record, and current auto insurance that meet minimum requirements of RISE insurance policies if personal vehicle is used for transporting people
- This position is considered a healthcare worker by the State of Oregon and requires a COVID-19 vaccination or to have a valid medical or religious exemption.
We truly believe that where you work matters- our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives every day and in turn, our clients bring sunshine to gloomy days.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Flexible schedules
- On site- hands on human service experience
- Paid for training
- Referral Bonus Program
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 64204