Regional Director, Residential Division (Soc Med)
RISE is a non-profit human services organization that specializes in home and community based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people that we serve, their families, and the men and women who work in the Direct Care Profession.
RISE is currently seeking a creative and results-oriented Regional Director to oversee residential group homes, day center program and Home Community Based Services (HCBS) programs in Yuma, AZ. This role manages service coordinators in effectively supporting the individuals we serve. This position will have responsibilities in growing programs and presence within the region along with monitoring and improving our systems and processes around recruiting, retention, program development and training. Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and networking skills are a must. This position will require an eye for quality assurance and detail, strong leadership abilities, a high sense of urgency, reliable follow through, direction and management of program and program development, and a strong passion for serving our community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide management and supervision of coordinators in the designated programs
- Work as a team in strategizing, creating, and overseeing plans that will provide the best available support for individuals in services
- Knowledgeable of and assures that programs meet expectations of RISE corporate and state policies and procedures, all requirements of funding agencies, and trains staff on policies as required
- Ensure that the necessary records, logs and other documentation are maintained, as required by RISE and the state
- Coach, train, and mentor employees, providing positive leadership and team building based on respect, cooperation, and competency
- Effectively advocate for people receiving support
- Responsible for proper administration of budgets and financial oversight for designated region
- Position includes being on-call and traveling
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision
- This position at a minimum requires a bachelor's degree
- A minimum of five years of related industry experience in supervision, coaching, management, training, and development of staff
- Must have a person-centred philosophy, be dedicated to quality supports for individuals, self-motivated, honest, dependable and flexible
- Ability to create innovative program solutions for people with disabilities
- Experience implementing systems to monitor program policy/procedure and contractual compliance
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and networking skills are a must.
- Must possess superb verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating listening skills
- Strong organizational skills required, must have the ability to problem solve and to work independently as well as being committed to work with a team
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology, teaching principles, human behavior or principles of psychology, and knowledge of developmental disabilities/mental health needs and related field experience.
- Ability to prepare programmatic budgets and interpret budget results
Additional Candidacy Requirements:
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete a successful background check, and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Competitive salary and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403(b) that includes an employer contribution.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.