If you are looking for a career with a company whose focus is to create opportunities for and with people, RISE is the company for you. With more than 30 years in making a difference in the lives of others, RISE is positioning our organization to continue to provide services in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
The Recruiter is responsible for developing and implementing staff recruitment strategies to ensure the availability of qualified applicants for entry level position openings. Recruiter will coordinate with management on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs, attract candidates using various sources. Attracts candidates using various sources such as community partner relationships, social media networks, and employee referrals.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meets with managers to discuss needs.
- Identify and implements methods to find and attract talent based on the position and location of entry-level openings.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), makes hiring recommendations.
- Build and maintain positive community relationships
- Schedules and attends job fairs, vendor fairs, and networking events. Trains and coaches coordinators on staffing job fairs and networking events.
- Promote RISE and open positions in the community, and with local schools, colleges, Worksource, etc.
- Promote RISE’s reputation as "best place to work"
- Focuses efforts on maintaining and supporting employee morale activities, recognition and appreciation.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Presentation skills
- Personal accountability
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Business acumen
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree in a related field preferred
- 2-3 years of recruiting or sales experience required
- Proficient in computer software including Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G Suite, etc.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local employment law and best practices.
- 25% of time requirements
- Weekly travel to offices and events in the state. Occasional overnight travel.
WORK AUTHORIZATION & CLEARANCE
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass criminal background check and driving record check
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasionally required to lift and move up to 30 pounds of paper, files and/or equipment.
- Able to sit for extended periods (1-2 hour blocks) of time to enter data into multiple systems, conduct face-to-face meetings or interviews
- Occasionally required to attend or conduct long meetings (3-4 hours in duration).
- Frequently required to stand for extended periods (2-6 hour blocks) to attend job fairs or events
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, deal with difficult people, and handle multiple assignments with specific deadlines.
- Able to have appropriate interactions and maintain professionalism
- Able to read and interpret written information, including laws and regulations
- Regularly required to use their fingers, hands, arms and eyes to type.
- Frequently required to speak to and appropriately respond to employees & managers on the phone.
- If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.