Program Administrator - FT
If you are looking for a career with a company whose focus is to create opportunities for and with people, RISE is the company for you. With more than 35 years in making a difference in the lives of others, RISE is positioning our organization to continue to provide services in an evolving, fast-paced environment. RISE is seeking a Program Administrator in Utah.
The Program Administrator is responsible for business and program development throughout the state and assists the Executive Director to ensure compliance with all RISE Corporate Policies and Procedures, State Policies and Procedures and other legal and regulatory requirements. This position strives to achieve fulfillment of its community relations and demonstrates cultural competence with diverse populations and cultures toward successful relations with various communities, organizations and state agencies. Provides coaching to state
management team to assist them in the programmatic and fiscal management of programs in a manner consistent with the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understands the roles and responsibilities of each position, able to support each position, monitor and ensure position expectations are met.
- Coach, train, and mentor employees, providing positive leadership and team building based on respect, cooperation, and competency; and which embraces the RISE mission, vision, and values.
- Ensure that assistance provided to people receiving support is done through the implementation of the RISE mission, vision, and values and according to the supports RISE is contracted to provide.
- Assures that programs meet expectations of RISE corporate and state policies and procedures; and all requirements of funding agencies.
- Demonstrate pro-active and effective advocacy for people with disabilities and those receiving support from RISE.
- Program Administrators are involved in local advocacy movements, including family activities, advisory boards, governing councils, special education issues, etc., and are educating members of the legislature, fellow staff, and consumers, in regards to vital disability issues.
- Assist in creating new and innovative service models for people with disabilities.
- Build strong team and instructs staff in team building skills.
- Promote and develop new area of service resulting in increasing revenues.
- Create and implement curriculum for Day/AIM, working with teams to ensure implementation.
- Continually looks for ways to improve quality of programs, curriculum offered.
- Assist the directors in sharing and developing new administrative and support delivery models.
- Lobbies for change in a positive manner with funding agencies.
- Continually looks for ways to update management skills.
- Promotes and engages in positive relationships with all customers.
- Develops systems to continuously improve the personnel system to support the RISE mission.
- Represents the interests of RISE and the people we support with state agencies, other providers, families and professional organizations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction system in all areas of service.
- Assures that Utah employees comply with the Department of Labor regulations regarding personnel issues to include payroll/compensation issues, employee discipline and firing.
- Participates and ensure compliance with all RISE corporate systems, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the financial oversight of programs under supervision.
- Review dashboards for all programs on a weekly basis, notifying when under/over providing is occurring.
- Review renewal systems bi-weekly notifying when programs are out of compliance.
- Demonstrate competency in financial and budgetary issues as required including staying within appropriated budgets, maintaining checking ledger, and adherence to procedures for payroll, billings and payables, and the ability to instruct staff in these areas.
- Communicate with management and team members as requested or needs indicate.
- Ensure performance evaluations are completed annually on all employees.
- Complete all other job related tasks as assigned.
- Ensure that programs meet all licensing requirements with the highest level.
- Continuously evaluate the quality of supports being provided, while identifying areas that could use improvement.
- Work well with other team members by demonstrating ability to cooperate with others in the group using friendly, cooperative relations in accomplishing mutual goals and preparing assignments on time.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Must have at minimum five years. of experience in supervision, coaching, management, training and development of staff.
- The ability to create innovative program solutions for people with disabilities.
- Experience implementing systems to monitor program policy/procedure and contractual compliance.
- Must have verbal skills adequate to the specific job task required and communicates effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating listening skills.
- Ability to build relationships and to communicate with multiple customers including the people receiving support, professional parents, advisors, natural parents, state personnel, legislators and others.
- Ability to interpret and implement RISE policies/procedures regarding these supports, DCFS/DSPD policies, and DOL issues related to RISE.
- Ability to write all necessary materials and communications relevant to the position and other required written material.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form and able to read and interpret written information
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology, teaching principles, human behavior or principles of psychology useful.
- Ability to prepare programmatic and administrative budgets and interpret budget results.
- Ability to effectively problem solve. Assist with making decisions to include resolving crisis situations and developing resolutions between parties.
- Ability to delegate and follow-up on projects.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision.
- Travels to out of area RISE offices and sites (Day & Residential programs), throughout the state, at least 1-2 days per week. Overnight travel required monthly.
Work Authorization and Clearance:
- Ability to pass criminal background check including Fingerprint Clearance, drug test and driving record check.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email hrdept @ riseservicesinc.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone – 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 96024