ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client's lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
As the Product Owner for the Internal Tools team at Acumen you are uniquely responsible for overseeing the development, maintenance, and enhancement of suite of internally developed tools and reports. This role requires a balance of technical knowledge, project management skills, and a deep understanding of internal workflows and needs.
- Oversee a diverse portfolio of internal tools and reports, ensuring they meet the evolving needs of the company and its employees
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders to understand their challenges and gather requirements for tool enhancements or new tool development
- Leads the prioritization, backlog grooming process, and sprint planning
- Works with the development team to identify, define, and organize the steps required for the upcoming iterations
- Identifies any areas with the potential for improvements
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, identify priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks
- Prioritizes and maintains the product backlog for assigned tools, balancing the requirements of stakeholders
- Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology
- Actively mitigates roadblocks impacting successful team completion of sprint goals
- Leads the product release plans and sets expectations for delivery of new functionality
- Keeps customers and stakeholders informed of the status of the product
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of each tool, identifying areas for improvement or consolidation
- Help establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for product management; monitor and report on KPIs, and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve KPIs
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly.
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Customer first, ABCD thinking mindset
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- A high degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- High level knowledge of agile software development
- Subject matter expert for the DCI Portal
Acumen, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY