Payroll Tax Specialist (69853)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Payroll Tax Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely deposits and preparation of returns for all filing jurisdictions for Acumen Fiscal Agent, a high volume, multi-state fiscal agent and its customers
- Responsible for the timely deposits and filings for federal, state and local tax liabilities for all jurisdictions where Acumen Fiscal Agent and its clients do business.
- Files quarterly and annual unemployment taxes.
- Examines all payroll records to ensure proper recording of tax transactions and compliance with applicable laws.
- Completes monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reconciliations as appropriate to ensure accurate filings. May be required to perform audits more frequently depending on jurisdiction.
- Performs W-2 reconciliations and processes corrections as required.
- Apply for Acumen Fiscal Agent authorization to act as an appointed agent for federal and state tax liabilities.
- Investigates and resolves tax notices, penalties, and questionnaire requests.
- Interact with Accounting and Payroll Departments to identify and resolve variances.
- Maintains up-to-date employer files within the company’s electronic records management system.
- Communicates effectively.
- Tasked with developing and pursuing formal mentoring opportunities to further enhance training, partnership, onboarding, and accuracy.
- Champions department and company culture, while taking a forward-looking and infectiously-positive stance.
- Promotes, supports, and spearheads DCI system implementation while staying current on new releases.
- Identifies, tests, and supports department efficiency-related processes and improvements; while questioning and (when applicable) designing new processes and procedures.
- Works closely with FASI & IT to enhance the current operations and automation capabilities of the Tax department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ Years’ experience in multi-state payroll/taxes and knowledge of domestic employer filing requirements.
- Basic knowledge of payroll and accounting required.
- Ability to read and interpret complex federal, state and local policies, legislative briefs, regulations and other written documentation as it pertains to tax compliance and filing matters.
- Excellent analytical, technical and tax accounting/technology skills with knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), tax compliance and corporate consolidated returns.
- Accuracy and the ability to handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, time management, task oriented, good interpersonal skills, patience, perseverance and follow-through.
- Advanced level computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail proficiency.
- Ability to work effectively with other internal and external departments and customers.
- Proficient in and has a good understanding of relational databases.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY