ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
ROLE AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Payroll Specialist provides accurate and timely payroll services to all Acumen Fiscal Agents client employees and Vendors.
- Payment of AFA client employees' payroll by accurately calculating pay and all deductions, issuing checks in a timely manner.
- Exceeds customer (internal and external) expectations by building productive relationships, and taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Maintains all payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data into system.
- Process timecards in the payroll software to generate checks, direct deposits, and reports; analyze various reports to ensure accuracy and completeness of payroll.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to answer questions and provide guidance on policies and procedures;
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, deductions, job titles, functions and client information.
- Maintain the master file of time sheets and all other payroll related documentation required.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, and disability and non-taxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- As needed, provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures, and reporting needed changes
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort and success by accomplishing goals and objectives
- Ability to handle customer inquiries via phone and e-mail in fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and meet rigid deadlines
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate degree highly preferred.
- A background in Customer Service, Client Service, Operations, Payroll or Financial systems.
- Advance Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, vLookup's, etc)
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to respectively and effectively interact with others.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage time in a time sensitive environment.
- High standard of integrity and sound business ethics.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel as well as E-Mail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, task focused with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work within deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
- Willing to work overtime, including weekends to meet high volume demands
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 105936