RISE is a nonprofit organization that specializes in support services for individuals with developmental and other disabilities. For over 30 years, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE is seeking Parent Aides for Maricopa and Pinal County, Arizona who will be serving families and children who reside in the East and West Valley as well as Central Phoenix. This position works in collaboration with the Arizona Department of Child Safety to assist families with building positive parenting skills; the Parent Aide monitors and transports children placed in out of home care to visitations with their siblings and parents; additionally, the Parent Aide educates and empowers families, promoting positive family outcomes. Currently recruiting part time Parent Aide positions with flexibility to work varied schedules.
- Working collectively with the parent to enhance the protective capacities/skills identified by ADCS and the parent to help support the parent in achieving desired outcomes.
- Maintaining neutrality and confidentiality by refusing to discuss the merits of the parent’s dependency case or agree with or support one party over another.
- Conducting intake meetings, creating parenting plans, documenting observations, and instructing parents/caregivers weekly via face-to-face skill sessions that address protective capacities and adequate parenting.
- Observing, monitoring, and assessing the parent’s parenting skills, and providing guidance and/or coaching as needed while the parent is interacting with their child(ren).
- Providing community resources to parents on how to access supports and emergency assistance.
- Coordinating, transporting and supervising visitations between child(ren), their siblings and parents to visit parents.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of an Associates' Degree in a Human Service field or directly related degree, as confirmed by a college transcript, diploma, or
- Have at least two years' experience in the Human Service Field (i.e. Group Home, Shelter Care, Behavioral Health field) working with children, families, and or adults, as verified on a resume and reference verification.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- Have a working knowledge of family centered planning and family dynamics.
- Be able to submit a pre-employment drug test.
- Be able to obtain fingerprint and criminal history background clearance, and clear the Central Registry Check Reports of child abuse and neglect.
- Have not been placed on probation or parole for the last ten (10) years from present date.
- Have no civil, criminal, or juvenile restraining orders within the last ten (10) years from present date.
- Have reliable transportation that will be used to transport children.
- Possess a valid Car insurance and registration.
- Possess a valid driver's license that has not been suspended or revoke within the last three (3) years from present date.
- Provide RISE with a Clean Driving Record including:
- No Driving while intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract.
- No At Fault Accidents during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract.
- No more than two (2) moving violations during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract.
- No more than one (1) excessive speed (per the A.R.S. § 28-701.02) violation during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract.
- No criminal violations during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract.
- Have flexibility to work in the afternoon, evenings, and weekends.
- Experience in cultural diversity, substance abuse, effects of child abuse and neglect on child development, sexual abuse, mediation, and other interventions
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 42357