Parent Aide Director
RISE is a nonprofit human services organization that specializes in community support services. Since 1987, when RISE was established, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve.
RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Through the Family Services Program we recruit, train, prepare, support and mentor individuals and families to provide stable homes for children in the custody of Arizona's Department of Child Safety (DCS) as well as adults and children with developmental disabilities.
RISE has an opening to hire a Parent Aide Director who would be responsible for supervising and coordinating the Parent Aide program in the Arizona Family Services Division through the implementation of Rise Services, Inc. mission, vision and values and in compliance with all regulations and policies.
- Provide direct supervision to Parent Aides, maintenance of caseload, documentation, state and agency compliance, and professional development. Ensure accountability of Parent Aides to perform essential job functions
- Knowledgeable of and assures that programs meet expectations of RISE corporate and state policies and procedures, all requirements of funding agencies, and trains staff on policies as required
- Maintain necessary records, logs, and other documentation as required by RISE and the state
- Develop or maintain systems for tracking caseloads, referrals, billing and all related data
- Complete weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports for the state, contract, or agency
- Maintain professional support and relationship with assigned families, while ensuring compliance with all state requirements, RISE Inc. policies and expectations for safety and care of children and adults in the home. Serve as a mediator to address customer concerns and feedback.
- As requested or necessary, hold a caseload of families or cover Parent Aide meetings when staff are unable to be present at appointments due to vacation/sick time and /or assign other staff to cover referrals during staff turnover or when coverage is needed
- Conduct/attend all staff meetings and other mandatory training as required by RISE. Participate as a member of the Family Services Management Team
- Review and approve professional documents sent for processing by state officials. Ensure all documents are submitted within required timeframes
- Track progress on identified program goals and contractual outcomes
- Develop, provide and maintain a current RISE Parent Aide training calendar and coordinate with other RISE Trainers for company trainings
- Ensure at minimum 15 hours of yearly training for each Parent Aide, per the contract
- Serve as a role model and resource to Parent Aides, including demonstration of work duties, professional mannerisms, written feedback, problem solving, crisis intervention and training of employees
- When applicable and the need arises, travel to other parts of the state where Rise Family Services provides services and conduct trainings
- Adhere to budgetary guidelines, including accountability for use of program funds. Review program budget and billing monthly
- Be knowledgeable of contractual requirements and ensure compliance by the agency
- Provide daily oversight of program services in lieu of the Executive Director
- Must have a minimum of an Associates' Degree in a Human Service field or directly related degree, as confirmed by a college transcript, diploma, or have at least two years' experience in the Human Service Field (i.e. Group Home, Shelter Care, Behavioral Health field) working with children, families, and or adults, as verified on a resume and reference verification
- Experience in supervision, coaching and training of staff, families, and community partners
- Education and/or experience related to the service provided, including the ability to relate to families of varied lifestyles, backgrounds, and ethnicities
- Experience with cultural diversity, assessing a family’s strengths and needs, mediation and intervention techniques, knowledge of child abuse and neglect, child development, family dynamics and a working knowledge of the AZ Department of Child Safety
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job task required and communicate effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating listening skills
- Able to communicate with multiple customers including people receiving support, professional parents, advisors, state personnel and others
- Appropriate telephone etiquette and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form and able to read and interpret written information
- Language ability (other than English) may be required to meet specific needs of people receiving support
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products
- Ability to work flexible hours as many visits occur during the evenings and on weekends
- Ability to travel as needed; this position will require travel in Maricopa and Pinal County as well as other parts of the state as needed
- Must be able to complete a successful background check and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
RISE offers competitive salary and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403(b) retirement plan that includes an employer contribution.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 47737