Outreach Lead Agent (57030)
Acumen, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, and generous paid time off to those who qualify.
Agents at Acumen embody the organization’s mission of facilitating freedom, choice and opportunity for individuals with disabilities and their families. The Agent is responsible for growing Acumen’s presence in the self-directed community within their state, supporting clients to promote their success with self-direction in partnership with the organization, and ensuring contract compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of and abides by contract, state and Medicaid specifications and ensuring team works within contract guidelines.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for all Enrollment processes and ensures all processes are documented for training and continuous improvement purposes.
- Monitors the accuracy of existing program fact sheets and recommends updates when errors are identified.
- Processes assigned Enrollment tasks and monitors timely and thorough completion of tasks assigned to other Agents.
- Organizes and monitors the state-specific Maintenance work queue area for maximum team efficiency.
- Analyzes escalated issues and assists the team in developing proactive processes for efficient and effective resolution of future occurrences.
- Identifies areas where individual or team training is needed and conveys this information as well as a proposed training plan to Executive Director.
- Ensures team’s accurate input of all relevant data.
- Ensures team conducts thorough and accurate research as needed.
- Conducts quality checks on outbound and inbound communication.
- Conducts quality checks on processes and maintenance.
- Openly communicates process improvements and changes to the team.
- Assists with the development and production of external communications as assigned.
- Attends and participates in operational and company meetings as requested.
- Willing to occasionally work other than typical work hours to meet high volume demands.
- Performs other work related activities as assigned.
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly.
- Communicates effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating active listening skills.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form and able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully interact with customer base that has varying levels of ability and sophistication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- At least two years of experience in customer service.
- At least one year of experience as an Acumen Agent.
- High school diploma, some college courses or a college degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Accuracy and the ability to handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- High standard of integrity.
- Ability to work well with numbers.
- Proficient with 10 key by touch.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management skills, task oriented, good interpersonal skills, patience, perseverance, personal stress management and follow through skills.
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult customers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands successfully.
- Must be able to plan for and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to use all office equipment.
- Knowledge of advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Experience working with dual monitors and multiple applications simultaneously.
- Some College or College Degree preferred in related field.
- Experience working in the field of mental, physical or intellectual disabilities or with an aging population preferred.
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.