OR - Operations Director of Residential Services (52798)
If you are looking for a career with a company whose focus is to create opportunities for and with people, RISE is the company for you! With more than 30 years in making a difference in the lives of others, RISE is positioning our organization to continue to provide services in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
The Operations Director is responsible for business and program development of the Residential department throughout the state and assists the Executive Director to ensure compliance with all RISE Policies and Procedures, Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) and other legal and regulatory requirements. Develops successful relationships within various communities, organizations and state agencies. Provides leadership and coaching to state management team to assist them in the programmatic and fiscal management of programs in a manner consistent with the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values. This position may be based out of our local office in Salem or Eugene.
Essential Job Functions
- Coach, train, and supervise director level employees, providing positive leadership and team building based on respect, cooperation, and competency.
- Demonstrate pro-active and effective advocacy for people with disabilities and those receiving support from RISE
- Create and oversee implementation of new and innovative service models for people with disabilities
- Build strong teams and instruct staff in team building skills
- Assist the directors in sharing and developing new administrative and support delivery models
- Lobby for change in a positive manner with funding agencies
- Develop systems to continuously improve internal processes
- Represent the interests of RISE and the people we support with state agencies, other providers, families and professional organizations
- Ensure customer satisfaction systems in all areas of service
- Assure compliance with all applicable regulations regarding personnel issues to include payroll/compensation and employee discipline issues
- Oversee compliance of all RISE systems, policies and procedures and licensing requirements
- Provide financial oversight and demonstrate competency in financial and budgetary issues including staying within appropriated budgets and adherence to procedures for payroll, billings, and payables, and the ability to instruct staff in these areas
- Keep open lines of communication with management and team members
- Travels to regional RISE offices and sites at least 1-2 days per week. Overnight travel required monthly.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Social Services or related field required
- Five years of experience in department management and staff supervision required
- Experience implementing systems to monitor program policy/procedure and contractual compliance
- Must have verbal skills adequate to the specific job task required and communicates effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating listening skills
- Ability to build relationships and to communicate with multiple customers including the people receiving support, professional parents, advisors, natural parents, state personnel and others
- Ability to interpret and implement RISE policies/procedures and OARs regarding these supports.
- Ability to write all necessary materials and communications relevant to the position and other required written material
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form and able to read and interpret written information
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology, teaching principles, human behavior or principles of psychology useful
- Ability to prepare programmatic and administrative budgets and interpret budget results
- Ability to effectively problem solve. Assist with making decisions to include resolving crisis situations, and developing resolutions between parties
- Ability to delegate and follow-up on projects
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision
- Must pass a criminal background check, be 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and good driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Must have a personal vehicle to travel to offices, programs, meetings, etc.
RISE offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance. We provide matching contributions to our 403(b) retirement savings plan as well as vacation, paid sick time and paid holidays.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 52798