OR Employment Specialist - Salem (50957)
If you are self-motivated and seeking a dynamic work environment with a flexible schedule and limited hours in the office, then read on.
RISE Employment Services is immediately seeking career-minded individuals to help in the development of a new Employment Program in Oregon under the umbrella of RISE services. RISE Employment Services works with persons with disabilities in the community, helping them to successfully obtain and keep competitive employment based on the individual's strengths and skills. This position consists of working with the client to assist with job training and job retention as well as networking with employers in the community. Those who are sales and marketing-minded but enjoy working with people do very well at this job!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide employment assistance (acquiring and maintaining employment) and be a mentor to people receiving support through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Understand responsibilities of supporting people in achieving and maintaining integrated and competitive employment. This includes keeping required documentation and any other prescribed or related task.
- Assist people (as applicable to the person) with the following supports:
- Resume assistance
- Interview preparation and assistance
- Job development and job searching techniques
- Marketing individuals' employment skills
- Encouraging relationships
- Arrange transportation
- Other needs of the person as identified by their team.
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in developing skills necessary for gaining and maintaining employment.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of a person's skills, talents, interests, and motivation, and identify any areas for improvement.
- Educating potential employers.
RISE Employment Services is a division of RISE Services Inc. RISE services is a growing, 30 year-old nonprofit based in Utah, Arizona, and Oregon. As an employee, you'll get to be on the front end of a thriving new venture while having the backing of a large and very well established nonprofit. This position offers Medical, Dental and Vision, Mileage Reimbursements, bonuses, and a supplied laptop. Target first-year income with bonuses comes out to $30,000 to $38,000. Also, we like to keep things competitive and fun. There will be plenty of team lunches and dinners for meeting team goals and also personal incentives for gift cards or additional cash bonuses. It is very much a team environment, and we work hard but love what we do!
- Must have a desire and interest to work with people with disabilities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must pass a criminal background screening.
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle, acceptable Driving Record, and current automobile insurance that meets minimum requirements of RISE insurance policies. A gas stipend is provided.
- Must have access to a cell phone or smart phone daily.
- College Degree (Psychology, Public Health, Sociology, Human Development or Business / Marketing is a plus).
- At least one year of sales experience (retail or customer service works).
- Self-motivated with excellent ability to multitask.
- Experience with individuals with disabilities.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.