OR - Contract Registered Nurse - Salem (62410)
Rise Services, Inc. is a non-profit Social Services organization. We are committed to improving the lives of Adults, and Children with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD). We support individuals, their families, and communities through residential, employment and in-home support services. We are looking for an RN to join our team to help us serve individuals with complex support needs, and further our Mission of "CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR & WITH PEOPLE."
We are looking for an RN to work on a contract basis, who will serve our Salem/Albany area programs and residents. RISE will provide mentoring, training and career pathing for the right individual or individuals.
- Experience and education in working with individuals who have significant and complex medical issues, including rare disorders
- Experience and ability to train and coach staff
- Professional license, as required
- Ability to work flexible hours. Specific hours and schedules will change based on the needs of the people who we serve
- Self-directed, and works with minimal supervision
- Must have interest in working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD)
- Ability to write all necessary materials and communications, relevant to the position, and to interpret medical and physician orderss, medical terminology, policies, procedures and other required written material.
- Ability to interpret and implement RISE and DHS policies/procedures
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job tasks required, which includes basic computer skills
- Appropriate communication skills required to interact with RISE staff, management, clients and their families and guardians, local medical community and county and state representatives
- Ability to act as an advocate for RISE and the people we support.
- Ability to interact with medical providers and facilities to assist with the health and safety of the individuals we serve
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology
- Familiarity with teaching and training principles, including nurse delegations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support to people receiving services by developing written medical plans that reinforce individuals support plans. This may include, but not limited to the following:
- Developing medical protocols and strategies
- Write medical assessments (Nursing Assessment and Nursing Care Plan)
- Establish a nurse-patient relationship with a positive rapport
- Track nursing hours provided to each person
- Prepare monthly medication logs
- Provide management and supervision of nursing supports in a manner that meets and exceeds the expectation of RISE customers.
- Provides technical support and resources to staff in the correct implementation of medical supports
- Complete nurse delegations and trainings
- Some travel may be required
- Provide nursing support to people in RISE programs,
- Staff training, and follow through with medical protocols implementation
- Attend required training/meetings and complete other assignments as needed
- Conduct regular evaluation of the supports provided
- Modify protocols and strategies as needed
- Knowledgeable of all state/licensing policies; and nursing principles and techniques. Implement this knowledge in the development of medical supports. This may include, but not limited to the following:
- Establish required documentation procedures (data) Conduct regular evaluation of the interventions Develop ongoing communication with RISE customers, i.e., supervisor, staff, each respective family/guardian and support coordinator(s) to assess/reassess as needed, priorities and concerns.
- Work well with other team members by demonstrating the ability to cooperate with others in the group using friendly, cooperative relations in accomplishing mutual goals and preparing assignments on time.
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Ensure the maintenance of necessary records, logs, and other documentation as required
- Estimate 15 hours a month. Hours could vary from time to time based on medical necessity.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.