Operations Manager - Tax (62940)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Tax Manager is responsible for the deposits and filings of Federal, State, and local tax returns for a high volume, multi-state fiscal agent and developing and managing a team of Tax Leads and Tax Specialists. The Tax Manager is involved in all aspects of domestic transaction tax compliance and research in the unique field of fiscal intermediaries. This position requires interaction with the finance group as well as other operations groups within the company.
- Provides leadership, supervision, coaching, feedback, development, and discipline (as necessary) to their team of a Tax Lead and Tax Specialists and acts as a role model within the organization
- Support Tax team members and the organization by serving as the subject matter expert and utilize a deep knowledge of tax compliance and functions to strategically problem solve and make decisions. Leverage the knowledge of the most successful processes and procedures utilized in the department to accomplish the overall goals of the organization
- Manage a portfolio of states and programs of varying size and scope and build and manage internal and external relationships to deliver high-quality tax service and advice
- Ensure the teams accurate processing of data by providing tax guidelines with documentation and training
- Supervise the preparation of original and corrected federal, state, and local tax returns and corresponding liability payments
- Proactively prevent penalty and non-filing notice situations by leveraging a deadline-driven approach and built-in quality and compliance checks
- Independently research, develop associated processes, and overcome tax-related barriers-of-entry when launching services in a new state or locality
- Recommend and embrace technology-related tools and systems to increase accuracy, while simultaneously decreasing time-intensive tasks
- Work well independently with limited supervision and training.
- Work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to weekends, weeknights, and holidays.
- Perform other work-related activities as assigned.
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly.
- CPA required
- A minimum of five years of corporate tax experience in an accounting firm, corporation, and/or law firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- CPA license and a master's degree in an accounting discipline (preferred)
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership/trust tax knowledge
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations
- Experience with fiscal intermediaries and operating in accordance with section 3504 of the IRS code including 940, 941, 941x, W2, and W3 filings and their state equivalents (strongly preferred)
- Prior supervisory experience
- Advanced level computer skills with expertise in Word and Excel.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Self-motivated to work independently with limited supervision under time-sensitive constraints.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skill sets as well as time management and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally in group and individual settings and in accurate grammatical form.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively and respectfully respond to both customer and team needs.
- A high standard of integrity and sound business ethics.
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY