OMG Senior Accountant (55476)
RISE, Inc., a 30+ year old growth oriented non-profit multi-state organization with annual revenues of $70 million serving the developmentally disabled community, is seeking a Senior Accountant to work in its Mesa, AZ corporate office which is conveniently located at Greenfield Rd. & US 60. CPA or CPA candidate preferred. The candidate will provide organized and detail oriented full cycle accounting support for multiple entities. Salary commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- G/L postings, program allocations, prepaid expenses, and accrued liabilities support.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations and transactional review support.
- Manage fixed assets including vehicle tracking, and produce monthly fixed asset reporting using the FAS Software System.
- Maintain Insurance policies and endorsement tracking.
- Monthly close and financial statement preparation assistance.
- Assist with reporting and compliance for payroll tax, property tax, and income tax filings.
- Correspond with banks and other agencies for issue resolution and responses to inquiries in a professional manner.
- Assist with coordination and responses to external auditors.
- Assist with maintaining policies & procedure documentation.
- Assist with managing special projects as needed.
- Bachelors in accounting or related field required; CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting, at both transactional and analysis level.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with multi-company/divisional financials statements and job costing highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills are a must. Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy are needed in order to meet deadlines. Must have strong planning, analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be a team player with a positive attitude and self-motivation.
- Computer skills needed: MS Excel (advanced skills such as Vlookups, pivot tables and macros are preferred), MS Word, Enterprise Accounting Software (MS Dynamics Solomon experience is a plus).
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of the accounting team. Must be able to work effectively with department co-workers as well as with members of other departments. Must be able to interface professionally both inside and outside of the organization.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance offered. Company paid group term life insurance and employee assistance program.
- 401k retirement plan with employer match.
- Generous paid time off benefits (vacation, holiday and sick). Two weeks of vacation earned in year one, increasing one week each year until reaching a maximum of five weeks in year four. Fourteen paid holidays per year including your birthday.
- Typically two accounting department outings per year.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.