OMG Assistant Controller
RISE, Inc., a 30+ year old growth oriented non-profit multi-state organization with annual revenues of $70 million serving the developmentally disabled community, is seeking an Assistant Controller to work in its Mesa, AZ corporate office which is conveniently located at Greenfield Rd. & US 60. CPA or CPA candidate. The candidate will provide organized and detail oriented full cycle accounting support for multiple entities. Salary commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger.
- Monitor daily cash reconciliation.
- Monthly close assistance, financial statement and other financial reporting.
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, assist with revenue and expense analysis.
- Chart of account/sub-account maintenance and administrative functions in the Accounting Software.
- Support and assist with reporting and compliance for payroll, property, sales, and income
- Correspond with banks and other agencies in a professional manner for issue resolution and responses to inquiries.
- Assist with coordination of external audits and responses to auditor requests.
- Update and maintain policies & procedure documentation.
- Assist with managing special projects as needed.
- Bachelors in accounting or related field required; CPA or CPA candidate.
- A minimum of 7 years of accounting experience at both a transactional and analysis level.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with multi-company/divisional financials highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills are a must. Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy are needed in order to meet deadlines. Must have strong planning, analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be a team player with a positive attitude and self-motivation.
- Computer skills needed: MS Excel (advanced skills such as Vlookups, pivot tables and macros are preferred), MS Word, Accounting Software (MS Dynamics Solomon experience is a plus).
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of the accounting team. Must be able to work effectively with department co-workers as well as with members of other departments. Must be able to interface professionally both inside and outside of the organization.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 46538