Lead DSP - DTA Mesa
RISE is a non-profit human services agency that specializes in services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults.
If you are looking for a career with a company whose focus is to create opportunities for and with people, RISE is the company for you. With more than 30 years in making a difference in the lives of others, we create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE is in a search to hire an individual to help us create new and meaningful opportunities for the people we support.
We are hiring a full-time Lead Direct Support Professional in our Adult Day Program Center located in Mesa, AZ
Want to hear more?
If you enjoy leading people and helping others and wish to give back to the community then this is an excellent way to make a difference. The DTA Program Team Lead DSP position involves working with people diagnosed with Developmental Disabilities. This position includes program supervisory and administrative responsibilities along with direct-care requirements in our Day Program Center setting.
- A desire, interest and experience in working with people with disabilities or special needs required.
- Must be able to physically assist people as needed, which may include lifting and/or physically supporting them with or without assistance from another person and train staff in learning these supports.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, communication and problem solving skills required
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must
- Detail-oriented and able to work with and abide by state and organizational rules and policies
- Must be over twenty-one (21) years to drive a RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by the RISE Insurance Agency
- Must have the ability to successfully pass background check, obtain Level One Fingerprint Card clearance and drug test
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of the people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences.
If you are looking for an occupation where you can create a profound relationship as a mentor and a community advocate, RISE is the place for you!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Learn more about our DSP position:
The video below shares a realistic job preview for our Direct Support Providers. Please take the time to watch this video prior to applying to ensure that this is the right opportunity for you.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 44695