Lead DSP - Albany
RISE Services, a nonprofit human services organization, is seeking a full-time Team Leader with a passion for supporting people with disabilities in the Albany Residential Program! Benefits are available and pay is $14.00/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct support to clients and cover shifts when necessary.
- Assist supervisor with monthly paperwork and transportation for clients.
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is maintained
- Schedule and assist with completion of activities and skills development goals
- Reliably report to work on time and as scheduled
- Attend staff meetings and other mandatory training as required by RISE
- Notify management of changes with individuals and assist supervisor as appropriate.
- Act as a role model in using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free from abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Must have a valid ID and be able to pass a background screening
- Interest in serving others and working with people with disabilities
- Committed to working with a team; strong communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Experience and/or education in developmental disabilities or related field is preferred but not required
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Learn more about our DSP position:
The video below shares a realistic job preview for our Direct Support Providers. Please take the time to watch this video prior to applying to ensure that this is the right opportunity for you.