Lead Direct Support Professional
Do you find yourself taking on a leadership role among your peers, enjoy learning new tasks and have at least 1 years of experience working in a Supported Living program or Residential group home? Then the position of Lead Direct Support Professional might be the role for you!
RISE Services is seeking a full-time Lead Direct Support Professional with a passion for supporting people with disabilities in the Supported Living Program! This position will be responsible for administrative and training tasks, program scheduling, semi-monthly on-call coverage and be a role model to other Direct Support Professionals. This position is a great opportunity for individuals who want to grow within RISE and potentially step into a management position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Coordinator in the management of supports, including administrative tasks as requested, in a manner that meets and exceeds the expectation of RISE customers, including people in services.
- Act as a mentor at all times for team, co-workers, and especially new Direct Support Professionals.
- Provide program coordination support in the absence of the Coordinator (during Coordinator vacation, illness, training attendance, etc.) as requested.
- Provide on-call support coverage for the program, a shared responsibility with the Coordinator, at a minimum of two weekends per month.
- Provide direct support to clients and cover shifts when necessary.
- Assist supervisor with monthly paperwork and transportation for clients.
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is maintained
- Schedule and assist with completion of activities and skills development goals
- Reliably report to work on time and as scheduled
- Attend staff meetings and other mandatory training as required by RISE
- Notify management of changes with individuals and assist supervisor as appropriate.
- Act as a role model in using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free from abuse, neglect and/or exploitation
- One year experience in the field of developmental disabilities in a residential group home setting required.
- One year experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a background check upon hire as well as annually through the Oregon DHS Background Check Unit.
- Must maintain a valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to get to and from the work site and for transporting others, if applicable.
- Must have a passion for working people with disabilities or special needs.
- Must have adequate verbal and written communication skills in order to correspond professionally with colleagues, customers, and community partners.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 84665