Job Coach - Portland
RISE Employment, a division of RISE Services Inc. is currently hiring for a job coach to assist a client with disabilities who is established in their current employment. You must be comfortable redirecting client as needed. Assertiveness and persistence are also a must.
Additional shifts may be available if desired. This position has a lot of flexibility and opportunities for growth as well. If you are looking to join a fun team of hardworking individuals and make a difference in someone's life, please read on!
Essential Job functions:
* Utilize positive behavioral supports to train individuals with disabilities in a variety of entry level jobs.
* Work one on one with individuals at their work site in order to continue development of work related skills.
* Assist individuals in developing coworker supports and effective communication with supervisors
* Responsible for documentation of training progress, job performance, determination of needed supports, and fading techniques.
RISE Employment is a division of RISE Services, Inc. RISE services is a growing 28 year old nonprofit that exist in Utah, Arizona and Oregon. You get to be on the front end of a growing new venture while having the backing of a large and very well established nonprofit. In addition we like to keep things competitive and fun. There will be plenty of team lunches and dinners for meeting team goals. It is very much a team environment and we work hard but have a lot of fun! In addition there many opportunities for advancement within RISE Employment Services!
* At least 1 year of experience working with individuals with disabilities or in a human services related field and one of the following:
- Some college preferred or High School degree or equivalent and six months experience as a job coach.
* At least 18 years of age
* Must pass a criminal background screening
* Must have a high school diploma