IT Help Desk - Tier 1
RISE, Inc. is a long established multi-state, non-profit organization that specializes in human services support for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. We pride ourselves in offering a spectrum of services that can be customized to fit each individual to help them create the lives they want to live. At RISE, we're driven by the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of those we serve by exampling our mission to create opportunities for and with people.
The Help Desk - Tier 1 is responsible for end user support for hardware, software and network to achieve 24/7 secure, reliable and efficient operations. This includes computer and telecommunications services and all ancillary support services and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keep tickets up to date and clearly documented in ticket management system
- Basic trouble shooting and analysis
- Maintain hardware including servers, workstations (including PC and win-terms) and phones for all entities supported
- Maintain line of business applications for all entities supported
- Processes employee change event requests including new hires, terminations and transfers
- Processes requests for hardware and software purchases including workstations, phones and peripheral devices (e.g. small printers, docking stations, etc.)
- Email account management
- Phone account management
- Maintain IT asset and contract tracking system
- Basic network (wired and WIFI) maintenance including hardware
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports each entity's mission and vision, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality guidelines and code of ethical behavior.
- Performs other job-related duties as requested.
- Travel up to 25%
- 1 - 3 years of desktop support experience
- Experience working with information systems, telecommunications, software applications and testing, hardware repair
- Experience working with users defining problems and solutions
- Ability to analyze and solve problems as well as document solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively, coordinate multiple duties simultaneously and be able to independently solve IT related issues
- Ability to consistently learn and be part of on-going quality improvement process