IT Help Desk - Tier 1
The Help Desk - Tier 1 is responsible for end user support for hardware, software and network to achieve 24/7 secure reliable and efficient operations. This includes computer and telecommunications services and all ancillary support services and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keep tickets up to date and clearly documented in ticket management system
- Basic trouble shooting and analysis
- Maintain hardware including servers, workstations (including PC and win-terms) and phone for all entities supported
- Maintain line of business applications for all entities supported
- Processes employee change event requests including new hires, terminations and transfers
- Processes requests for hardware and software purchases including workstations, phones and peripheral devices (e.g. small printers, docking stations, etc.)
- Email account management
- Phone account management
- Maintain IT asset and contract tracking system
- Basic network (wired and WIFI) maintenance including hardware
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports each entity’s mission and vision, policies and procedures, operation instructions, confidentiality guidelines and code of ethical behavior.
- Performs other job-related duties as requested.
KEY TECHNOLOGIES AND SKILLS:
- Microsoft system Center
- Microsoft Active directory
- Google Apps for Business
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, and 2016
- VoIP Phone Systems
- 1-3 years of desktop support experience
- Experience working with information systems, telecommunications, software applications and testing, hardware repair
- Experience working with users defining problems and solutions
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.