In Home Services Coordinator - Portland (59032)
RISE Services, Inc. is a non-profit, human services agency providing services to people with developmental disabilities throughout Oregon. We are seeking an individual in the Portland area who loves to help young people and wants to use their leadership and organizational talents to assist in leading a Team in supporting young people with developmental disabilities. Our In Home Services program supports children with developmental disabilities and their natural and foster families
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter that wants to be part of a great program making a difference in the lives of children with disabilities!
Our In Home Coordinator position supervisors a team of direct support professional and manages a caseload of 20-30 clients around the Portland Metro area. This is the perfect role for someone with experience in the field, passionate about serving other and has strong leadership skills.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in social services (or a related field) or equivalent education and experience..
- Experience in the developmental disability/mental health field is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some travel required.
- Ability to pass DHS Background Check.
KEY ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible to manage, recruit, hire, coach, train, supervise and discipline Direct Support Professionals (DSPs)
- Schedule and arrange Direct Support Professional (DSP) and respite care services for our families. Ensure that support hours are appropriately delivered, including respite hours and DSP time
- Train supporters on Behavior, Respite and DSP plans and appropriately carrying out strategies outlined
- Develop and compose Respite and DSP Care Plans in partnership with the individual's team and family
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships and professional boundaries with team members, DSP's, and families
- Establish partnerships with RISE customers, e.g. funding agencies, county case managers, foster parents, etc.
- Be responsible for managing, tracking and billing time.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Coordinate a variety of requests from team and family
- Understand and abide by state regulatory requirements and principles of positive behavior support
- Some travel is required
- Maintain a valid driver's license with good driving record.
Competitive Salary and benefits including family medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay, and 403B saving and retirement plan.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.