In Home Services Assistant Director - Roseburg (59501)
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, mental health challenges, and aging adults.
For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. Our mission is to create opportunities for and with people. This encompasses not only individuals and families for whom we provide services and supports to, but also employees and stakeholders. We believe in the individuals, families and employees who are part of our organization and that opportunities can and should be created through all of our actions.
We are seeking an Assistant Director for our In Home Services department to oversee our programs in the Roseburg and Bend areas. The Assistant Director is expected to make regular trips to the regions they oversee and this position has the possibility to be based in Roseburg office. This individual will be responsible for the direction and management of the In Home Services department in the designated region through the implementation of RISE mission, vision, and values and in compliance with all regulations and policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Screen initial interest phone calls and emails. Field all intake material/referral documentation and assign cases to your team.
- Utilize our internal systems to process referrals, ensuring all steps are complete prior to services beginning.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to Coordinators in regards to maintenance of caseload, documentation, licensing compliance, and professional development. Ensure accountability of Coordinators to perform essential job functions. Serve as a role model and resource to Coordinators, including demonstration of work duties, professional mannerisms, written feedback, problem solving, crisis intervention, and training of employees.
- Maintain professional support and relationship with funding sources and families within your region. Serve as mediation to address customer concerns and feedback. This can include assistance in responding to crisis situations or crisis referrals.
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding RISE policies and procedures, company changes, and the types of supports RISE provides in their region/district.
- Represent RISE in a professional and knowledgeable manner when interacting with people in the community and others associated with RISE.
- Participate with the people RISE supports by interacting with them in a positive manner with dignity and respect.
- Adhere to budgetary guidelines, including accountability for use of program funds. Assist with invoicing, billing, and aging processes on a monthly basis. Review program budget as needed.
- Conduct and attend internal meetings with Coordinators, Behavior Consultants, Administrative Assistants, and Family Services management team
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in the field of social services, developmental disabilities, mental health, child development, and/or other related fields or equivalent and two (2) years of supervisory experience in the field; or four (4) years’ experience in the field and two (2) years supervisory experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Education and/or experience related to the service provided, including the ability to relate to families of varied lifestyles, backgrounds, and ethnicities. Experience with cultural diversity, assessing a family’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience in supervision, coaching, and training.
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job task required, including appropriate telephone etiquette and skills.
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology, teaching principles, human behavior or principles of psychology.
- If required to drive a RISE vehicle, must be a minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet other requirements as specified by RISE Insurance agency.
- Familiarity with the developmental disability system, and children and adults with developmental disabilities, or ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation and interpret all policy and licensing rules.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative to make process and program improvements.
- Ability to create opportunities for and within the Family Services Department.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Able to complete a background check and obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card.
This a Full-Time salaried position and benefits including family medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay, and 403B saving and retirement plan.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.