In Home Behavior Professional - all locations (63788)
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
The Behavior Specialist will model, teach, and provide positive behavioral intervention to children and adults with autism, intellectual disabilities, and/or mental health needs. The Specialist will meet with the client and/or their support system in the home, observe the client in the community and home, develop a written support plan, and train the family on the support plan. Typically, a Behavior Specialist is working with a client and their support system over the course of three months and balances a caseload of 15-30 clients. This position can be based in Albany, Bend, Eugene, Portland, Roseburg or Salem, OR.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Science, Special Education or other related field required.
- At least one year experience working with Developmentally Disabled individuals required.
- Training in principles in positive behavior support with experience and education in the field of developmental disabilities (such as OIS and positive behavior supports).
- Must have interest and experience supporting difficult behaviors for individuals who are diagnosed with developmental disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- Must have a person-centered philosophy, be dedicated to quality supports for individuals, self-motivated, honest, dependable and flexible.
- Strong communication and organization skills required. Must have the ability to problem solve, and to work independently.
- This position requires on-call accessibility and some travel is required.
- Strength in Microsoft Word, Excel, and written correspondence/documentation.
RISE is driven to providing exceptional 1:1 care to the individuals we get to serve in the intellectual and developmental disabilities community. We live this mission by ensuring all staff receive feel valued and supported by our training and management teams. We offer thorough in person and online training to all staff, tuition reimbursement programs, generous time off package (13 paid holidays!) and ongoing career opportunities.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.