ID Job Mentor - Nampa/Caldwell (58820)
Community Partnerships of Idaho (CPI) has been providing health and human services for over 25 years in Idaho and is an industry leader committed to advocating for those we serve and our communities. We pride ourselves in delivering high quality services and the training and development of our staff.
In January 2020, CPI was acquired by a like-minded, non-profit, called RISE, Inc. RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Combined, CPI and RISE are working together to Create Opportunities for and with People in the states and communities they serve.
Community Partnerships of Idaho partners with The Idaho Vocational Rehabilitation and local businesses to provide a paid summer work experience for students ages 14-21 the opportunity to learn skills that will help them be successful in the workplace. This is a rewarding program where you can be an important part of helping students gain independence.
This is a temporary position in which Job Mentors provide on-the-job work readiness training for students with disabilities who are enrolled in the Vocational Rehabilitation program. As a Job Mentor, you will provide goal-oriented services and skills training in a professional, supportive, respectful, and positive manner, for students with disabilities ages 14 - 21. Job Mentors will accompany students to their job site and use an educational approach to teach them how to learn skills that will help them be successful employees.
Training Start Date:
- Session 1: May 28th
- Session 2: July 1st
- Session 1: June 3rd - July 9th
- Session 2: July 8th - August 16th
POSITION EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 18 years of age
- High school graduate, or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Prior work experience and a good work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications
- Strong independent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Ability to meet all deadlines for the required weekly paperwork
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to implement behavioral principles
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work in many different environments including fast paced environments
- Prior report writing experience or skills is strongly preferred
- Ability to be flexible with work environments and scheduling
- One (1) year experience working with teens who have a disability (preferred) or in an employment field
The Job Mentor will work out of office and in the community. Local area travel will be required, and Job Mentors are required to provide their own transportation. Job Mentors must have a cell phone with voice messaging.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 58820