ID Job Mentor - Fruitland (65573)
Since 1987, RISE has provided practical, professional, and personal growth opportunities for children, adults, and their families. With our innovative approach, we are dedicated to transforming the lives of the individuals and families we serve through the delivery of person-centered services.
Our services have expanded from moving individuals living in institutions to family settings into supporting adults and children with highly diverse support needs in a wide variety of homes and community-based settings.
RISE Services, Inc. and The Idaho Vocational Rehabilitation partner with local area businesses to provide on-the-job work readiness training for students with developmental disabilities, who are enrolled in the Vocational Rehabilitation program.
Students gain necessary skills that will help them gain independence and be successful in the workplace.
This is a position in which Job Mentors will provide goal-oriented services and skills training in a professional, supportive, respectful, and positive manner, for students with disabilities ages 14 21.
Job Mentors work in the community, at local companies where students have been assigned. Job Mentors are required to provide their own transportation and have a cell phone with voice/text messaging. Weekly assessments on the students progress will be due each week Friday at midnight, these weekly assessments will go over different skills that the student is succeeding or needing improvement in.
At the beginning of each session Job Mentors are expected to participate in Work Readiness Training (WRT) with the students. WRT will be about 5-8 hours for 3 days and will include worksheets, role playing, and discussions that will help the students succeed at their job sites.
Training Start Date:
Session 1: May 23rd
Session 2: TBD
Session 1: June 6th to July 9th
Session 2: July 11th to August 13th
POSITION EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school graduate, or equivalent
- Valid driver's license & vehicle insurance
- Prior work experience and a good work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications
- Strong independent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Ability to meet all deadlines for the required weekly paperwork
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to implement behavioral principles
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work in many different environments including fast paced environments
- Prior report writing experience or skills is strongly preferred
- Ability to be flexible with work environments and scheduling
- One (1) year experience working with teens who have a disability (preferred) or in an employment-related field
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.