ID Intervention Technician - Boise (65336)
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Since 1987, RISE has provided practical, professional, and personal growth opportunities for children, adults, and their families. With our innovative approach, we are dedicated to transforming the lives of the individuals and families we serve through the delivery of person-centered services.
Our services have expanded from moving individuals living in institutions to family settings into supporting adults and children with highly diverse support needs in a wide variety of homes and community-based settings.
The Intervention Technician provides direct intervention for children and adolescents with developmental disabilities in the [school and or community] setting. In accordance with the child or adolescent’s plan for treatment, the Intervention Technician role is to provide intervention services directed toward decreasing the child or adolescent maladaptive behaviors and encouraging adaptive behaviors in the classroom or community]setting, using reinforcement strategies.
The Intervention Technician is required to document the progress or regression of goals, coordinate and collaborate with necessary treatment team members to support the child or adolescent, and participate in supervision on a regular basis. This position is a provisional position for 18 months. During that 18 months, staff must acquire 1,040 hours of direct, supervised, experience with an individual (0-21 years of age) with a developmental disability or demonstrated functional need.
POSITION EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human service related field
- Or within 24 credits of completing a BA and actively enrolled and in pursuit of those final credits
- Have their own reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and car insurance
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, and ongoing random screenings
- Must provide or obtain CPR/First Aid Certification (provided by the agency)
- Must provide or obtain MANDT and/or other de-escalation certification training, we determined by supervisor (provided by the agency)
- Must be able to pass State and Federal Background Check through the Department of Health and Welfare
- Must be able to pass the ParaPro PRAXIS (Mountain Home School District only)
- Provide direct 1:1 or group intervention to a child or adolescent with a developmental disability in accordance with the plan for treatment
- Provide regular written and verbal progress updates on treatment goals
- Collaborate and coordinate services with treatment team members in various settings, including but not limited to teachers, Ancillary Services (PT, OT, Speech), clinicians, etc...
- Provide daily documentation on the progression or regression of goals
- Participate in staff meetings regularly
- Participate in supervision regularly
- Effectively communicate with parents and other providers, if providing services in the community setting
- Effectively communicate with teachers and other providers, and defer communication with families to appropriate school staff, if providing services in the school setting
- Adhere to State and Federal Guidelines, including Mandated Reporting, HIPAA and Fraud, Waste and Abuse policies
- Must maintain CPR/First Aid Certification
- Must maintain MANDT or other de-escalation certification as determined by supervisor
- Must complete annual training requirements, as determined by Department Policies and Procedures
BENEFITS (Offered to Full-Time Employees)
- $500 Sign-On Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short & Long Term Disability
- AFLAC (Accident, critical illness etc.)
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.