Community Based Supports (59434)
$500 Sign-on Bonus!
Since 1987, RISE has provided practical, professional, and personal growth opportunities for children, adults, and their families. With our innovative approach, we are dedicated to transforming the lives of the individuals and families we serve through the delivery of person-centered services.
Our services have expanded from moving individuals living in institutions to family settings into supporting adults and children with highly diverse support needs in a wide variety of homes and community-based settings.
The Community Based Supports Technician provides community support services to children and adolescents with disabilities in one on one and group settings according to the individual’s plan of service, under the guidance and direction of a Clinical Supervisor and/or Community Supports Specialist.
The Community Based Supports Technician supports participants in community activities such as 4-H, team sports, boy/girl scouts, clubs, volunteering and/or other activities as determined. The Community Based Supports Technician helps children and adolescents develop friendships and relationships with others while promoting integration into the community.
POSITION EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must complete competency coursework offered by the Department of Health and Welfare to demonstrate competencies related to the requirements to provide Community Based Supports
- One (1) year experience working with persons with developmental disabilities preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Ability to work at a fast pace in many different environments
- Ability to handle flexible scheduling
- Strong organizational skills
- Maintains current drivers license and good driving record
- Maintains current liability insurance on vehicle
- Observes safe driving standards in accordance with RISE's Safety Policy
- Completes criminal background check through Health & Welfare
- Maintains current first aid/CPR certification
- Completes basic MANDT if employed six months or longer
- Pass vehicle inspection and defensive driving test annually
- Completes the required 12 hours of training per year
BENEFITS (Offered to Full-Time Employees)
- $500 Sign-On Bonus
- Premium Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- AFLAC (Accident, critical illness etc.)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.