Human Resources Leave of Absence Administrator (56202)
RISE Services, Inc. is a long established multi-state non-profit organization that specializes in human services support for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. We pride ourselves in offering a spectrum of services that can be customized to fit each individual to help them create the lives they want to live. At RISE, we're driven by the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of those we serve through our mission to create opportunities for and with people.
We are seeking a Leave of Absence Specialist will oversee and administer leave requests and accommodations requiring specialized attention, particularly those arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Oregon Family Leave (OFLA) the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state and local leave laws, and short-term or long-term disability plans.
The ideal candidate will be someone that is organized, takes initiative, detail oriented, with excellent computer skills, accustomed to multiple tasks and able to hit the ground running. The HR Assistant role will be responsible for performing a variety of human resources support duties within assigned projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave.
- Handles the FMLA/OFLA leave administration process from the employees’ initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as FMLA/OFLA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Maintains reasonable communication with employees on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relays communication between local HR, employees, and their managers during leave within reason.
- Advises managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, workers compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Coordinates with local HR the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA/OFLA, workers compensation, or other leave(s).
- Facilitates other leave requests, which may include accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Administers other company time-off programs as assigned in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
- Drafts and/or recommends revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the OFLA, FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Responsible for reviewing I-9 compliance for all companies.
- Responsible for running the monthly OIG/LEIE and SAM/LEIE checks.
- Assist HR department as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA/OFLA, ADA, and other applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Two years of human resource experience preferred.
SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Completion of specialized certification or training on FMLA/leave administration a plus.
RISE/OMG offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings plan and a generous time off program.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) US mail
(c) Dedicated phone – 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.