RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in group homes, in-home care and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
What does this role entail?
Your role as the Residential Coordinator (aka House Manager) is instrumental in creating a better life for the people we serve by managing a residential group home that supports several individuals who are diagnosed with Developmental Disabilities and/or Mental Health issues.
Your role will supervise the Direct Support Staff working in the program and administrative oversight of the program's success. Daily tasks will be managing the programs weekly schedule, working 1:1 with clients in the home, manage and/or delegate household chores to staff, and manage client's medical and financial care. We understand this might be a growth opportunity for you and we will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
Key Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible to recruit, hire, coach, train, evaluate, supervise and discipline Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). Verify and approve timecards.
- Train DSPs on safety and financial plans and appropriately carrying out strategies outlined including emotional and cognitive support, activities of daily living, role-modeling, positive behavior supports, personal protective interventions, promoting choice, and maintaining safety.
- Develop, write, and update Individual Support Plan (ISP) documents in partnership with the individuals team.
- Oversee client financials and monthly budget for the program..
- Act as representative and advocate regarding any medical or financial matter for the clients in the program.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships and professional boundaries with team members, DSPs, and clients.
- Quickly and effectively respond to and guide staff during emergency situations and natural disasters per RISE guidelines such as fire, application of First Aid, CPR, approved medical protocols, behavior intervention, etc.
- Must have at least one year experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferably in a residential setting.
- One year of supervisory experience preferred.
- A desire, interest, and experience in working with people with disabilities or special needs required.
- Experience working in a group home setting and one year of supervision of group home required.
- Responsible for supervising staff, scheduling, leading team meetings, recruiting, training, grocery and meal planning, monitoring medications and developing plans of support for the individuals we serve.
- Strong multi-tasking, communication, and problem-solving skills required and some college preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must.
- Detail-oriented and able to work with and abide by state and organizational rules and policies.
- Must pass a criminal background check, pre-employment drug test, be 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Paid training (in person and online)
- Medical, dental and vision package
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- 14paid holidays
- Generous vacation time
- Retirement planning
- Disability & Life insurance
- Pet insurance and discounts
- Ongoing career opportunities and more!
RISE is driven to break the model of institutionalized care for individuals with disabilities by providing exceptional 1:1 care in a residential home. We live this mission by providing various programs to grow and support our staff. We offer thorough in person and online training to all staff, tuition reimbursement programs, generous time off package, ongoing career opportunities and more!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.