Host Home Coordinator - Salem (58649)
RISE is currently recruiting for a Host Home Coordinator in the Albany and Salem areas. Do you have a background in social services and are passionate about making a difference? This is the role for you!
Our Host Home Coordinator position oversees recruitment and training of qualified foster parents who support an individual who is diagnosed with a Developmental Disability and will ensure compliance with state, licensing and contract requirements. This position is ideal for someone who is a team player, goal-oriented, and focused on providing a person centered approach towards people with intellectual or developmental disabilities. The Coordinator role encompasses managing the schedule, employee relations and training of Direct Support Professionals. Maintaining frequent contact and communication with families, managers, county/state personnel and Direct Support Professionals is necessary.
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
- Education in Social Services field or related field preferred.
- 2-3 year of experience in the field of developmental disabilities or related field strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Reliable transportation for daily travel.
- Required to meet minimum training requirements including Oregon Intervention Systems, CPR, and First Aid classes while employed and complete renewals.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some travel required.
- Ability to work on call hours required.
- Must pass a criminal background check, be 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and good driving record required.
KEY ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible to recruit, hire, coach, train, evaluate, supervise and discipline Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). Verify and approve timecards.
- Implement recruitment strategies for foster parents. Post in compliance with state, licensing and contract requirements. Conduct recruitment, maintains qualified pool of applicants, and act as a point of contact and build influential relationships during the selection process.
- Train Host Home parent curriculums.
- Conduct screenings, home studies, entries, and pre-service training with host parents.
- Assist with licensing reviews.
- Train DSPs on safety and financial plans and appropriately carrying out strategies outlined including emotional and cognitive support, activities of daily living, role-modeling, positive behavior supports, personal protective interventions, promoting choice, and maintaining safety.
- Develop, write, and update Individual Support Plan (ISP) documents in partnership with the individual’s team.
- Oversee client financials and monthly budget for the program.
- Act as representative and advocate regarding any medical or financial matter for the clients in the program.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships and professional boundaries with team members, DSPs, and clients.
- Quickly and effectively respond to and guide staff during emergency situations and natural disasters per RISE guidelines such as fire, application of First Aid, CPR, approved medical protocols, behavior intervention, etc.
The Host Home Coordinator role is a salary management position and includes a competitive wage, family medical, dental, vision, paid vacations and holidays, life insurance and 403b retirement plan. This is an ideal role for anyone seeking a growth opportunity and is driven to make an impact in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.