Family Support Specialist, NPP
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
Our mission is to create opportunities for and with people. This encompasses not only individuals and families for whom we provide services and supports to, but also employees and stakeholders. We believe in the individuals, families and employees who are part of our organization and that opportunities can and should be created through all of our actions.
RISE is hiring full time and/or part time Family Support Specialists NPP. This is a remote position with occasional in office work out of our Tucson, AZ office. This position provides parenting education using evidence-based models services to families based on the identified needs, concerns, and/or stressors identified by Arizona Department of Child Services (ADCS) and the family in order to enhance protective capacities and factors within the home to stabilize and preserve the home environment through behavioral changes by the parent/caregiver through the implementation of the RISE Services Inc. mission, vision, and values and compliance with all company and state regulations and policies.
- Provide short term, time-limited coordination of services, parenting skills curriculum and resources to all assigned families based on the needs, concerns and stressors of the child(ren) and the family, and enhance the protective capacities or strengthen the protective factors identified and outlined by ADCS
- Meet with families based on contract requirements and their needs (weekly) to address and resolve issues or concerns, using evidence-based curriculum.
- Accepts responsibility for cases assigned and takes initiative on helping families with community resources. Works collaboratively with the team (RISE staff and ADCS staff) to support and assist the family in reaching positive outcomes
- Ensure contract timelines are met including weekly progress notes, and all other assigned tasks
- Be flexible to meet the needs of the families served, including evenings and weekends. Extensive travel around the assigned county or metro area is required
- Special projects or duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of an Associates Degree with related work experience working with family dynamics
- Education and/or experience related to the service provided, including the ability to relate to families of varied lifestyles, backgrounds, and ethnicities; including experience with cultural diversity; assessing a familys strengths and weaknesses; knowledge of child abuse, domestic violence, neglect and child development, expectations of children, parent-child family roles, non-violent discipline, and a working knowledge of the Department of Child Safety
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job task required and communicate effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating listening skills; must be able to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form; must be able to read and interpret written information; and must be able to communicate with multiple customers including the people receiving support, advisors, state personnel (ADCS) and others
- Ability to write and review assessments, maintain accurate comprehensive documentation, and interpret policies and state regulations
- Language ability (other than English) may be required to meet specific needs of people receiving support
- Appropriate telephone etiquette and skills required along with utilization of personal cell phone
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Google Suite
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed. Occasional evening hours will be required to accommodate clients schedules.
- Must be able to obtain a clear pre-employment drug test result, as well as clear random annual drug testing results
- Must obtain satisfactory background check and a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card (Must clear an Arizona Central Registry check; have not been placed on probation or parole for the last ten (10) years from present date; and/or have no civil, criminal, or juvenile restraining orders within the last ten (10) years from present date)
- Must have reliable transportation that passes RISE random vehicle inspections; possess valid car insurance and registration and a valid Arizona driver's license that has not been suspended or revoked within the last three (3) years from present date
This position offers excellent benefits that includes vacation and sick accruals, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403(b) retirement plan with an employer contribution.
If you meet the qualifications on this posting and are interested in joining an amazing team that contributes in making a difference, apply online and include your resume and a cover letter with your application.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities)
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 93336