Family Specialist Foster Care DDD
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987. RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the Human Services Profession.
RISE FAMILY SERVICES specializes in finding and supporting loving and caring families for children and adults in need of foster and/or adoptive homes. RISE provides support through many different programs. Through the Family Services Program we recruit, train, prepare, support and mentor individuals and families to provide stable homes for children in the custody of Arizona's Department of Child Safety (DCS) and Division of Developmental Disabilities.
We are recruiting to hire a Family Specialist with experience working with state of Arizona DDD agencies. This position assist families in the foster/adoption licensing process for children with developmental disabilities as well as licensing of Adult Developmental Homes and assist families to care for adults with developmental disabilities throughout Phoenix Metro and East Valley communities. This position will be based out of our Mesa, AZ office. The Family Specialist provides services to foster/adoptive parents and developmental homes for individuals through compliance with all regulations and polices with the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision and Values statement "Creating Opportunities for and With People!" At RISE, our mission drives everything we do.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a family caseload of 15-20
- Foster Parents Training Instructor Rotation
- Attending monthly consultations with families including court hearings, FCRBs, CFTS
- Acting as a liaison with DCS/DDD
- Participating in Emergency Phone Rotation
- Advocating and educating your families, being a community resource and support to them
- Be flexible to meet the needs of the families served, including possible evenings or weekends
- Ensure Orientation programs are available to potential families, and with special provisions to address linguistic or other accommodations needed
- Provide objective information for inquiry callers regarding the licensing process
- Assist with scheduling and intake process for potential developmental home families
- As requested and able, become a certified trainer for Article 9 and any other training required for ADH/CDH Resource parent pre-service training within 120 days of hire
- Train or facilitate training for potential foster/adoptive families, including on-going and advanced training, and through in home consultations. This includes helping families to build a professional development plan identifying areas of strength and needs
- Assist new families through initial licensing or certification process, including compliance with all requirements, documents, and completion of an objective home study
- Perform required home visits and maintain documentation in a standardized file format, adhering to agency and state confidentially guidelines and laws
- Utilize effective written communication skills; Writing home studies, renewals, and amendments; complete all documents within required timeframes, including monthly paperwork due to the State and Incident Reports submitted as needed.; complete renewal applications, amendments and adoption certifications in a timely and professional manner; submit family final application and study within contractual time frames identified by the state
- Submit required billing documents in a timely manner, and review monthly billing for accuracy.
- Participate in Behavior Treatment Plan research, writing and submission to DDD Program Review Committee
- Maintain professional support and relationship with assigned families, while ensuring compliance with all licensing requirements, RISE Inc. policies and foster/developmental home expectations for safety and care of children and adults in the home.
- Advocate for children and adults in RISE licensed homes, through contact with case managers, support coordinators, including representation at court hearings, foster care review board, team meetings, and staffing
- Actively seek placement for children and adults in need of homes that can best serve their needs.
- As necessary, provide mediation and intervention techniques, training on the Child Welfare Act, MEPA-IEPA, and ICWA
- Ensure families have access to crisis and emergency support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, through rotation of an Emergency cell phone and In Day assignment.
- Must have a Bachelors degree in related field of Humans Services or Social Services
- Education and/or experience related to social services and behavioral science including the ability to relate to families of varied lifestyles, backgrounds, and ethnicities.
- Experience with cultural diversity, assessing a familys strengths and weaknesses, knowledge of child abuse and neglect and child development, and a working knowledge of Arizona Department of Child Safety and Department of Economic Security/Division of Developmental Disabilities programs.
- Must have effective writing and excellent verbal communication skills
- Bilingual skills verbal and written in Spanish is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation to attend daily meetings outside of the office
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license, minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet driver requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete a successful background check, drug screen test and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
***This position requires a passion to assist families and children in the foster care system!***
If you meet the qualifications on this posting and are interested in joining an amazing team that contributes in making a difference, apply online and include your resume and a cover letter with your application.
This position offers excellent benefits that includes vacation and sick accruals, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403(b) retirement plan with an employer contribution.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities)
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 97526