Family Specialist Foster Care & Kinship
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home.
RISE FAMILY SERVICES specializes in finding and supporting loving and caring families for children and adults in need of foster and/or adoptive homes. RISE provides support through many different programs. Through the Family Services Program we recruit, train, prepare, support and mentor individuals and families to provide stable homes for children in the custody of Arizona's Department of Child Safety (DCS)
We are recruiting to hire a Family Specialist to assist families in our Foster, Adoption and Kinship programs.This position will be based out of our Tucson, AZ office. The Family Specialist provides service and support to our Kinship Caregivers, Foster and Adoptive Parents with regulations and policy compliance through the implementation RISE's mission, vision and values statement of Creating Opportunities for and With People!
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a family caseload of 20-24cases
- Kinship Family Training Instructor Rotation
- Attending monthly consultations with families including court hearings, Foster Care Review Board (FCRB) meetings, and Child and Family Team me (CFTS) meetings
- Writing home studies, renewals, and amendments
- Act as a liaison with DCS
- Participating in Emergency Phone Rotation
- Advocating and educating your kinship, foster and adoptive families, being a community resource and support to them
- Bachelor’s degree is required from an accrediteduniversity or college in a related field such as social work, behavioral science, human services along with training and social services work experience
- Experience with cultural diversity, assessing a family’s strengths and weaknesses, knowledge of child abuse and neglect and child development, and a working knowledge of Arizona Department of Child Safety and Department of Economic Security programs
- Must have effective writing,excellent verbal communication skillsand communicate effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating listening skills
- Must have reliable transportation to attend daily meetings outside of the office
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license, minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet driver requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete a successful background check, drug screen test and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Knowledge of Google Workspace and Microsoft Office suite software systems.
- Bilingual skills verbal and written in Spanish is a plus for this position
***This position requires a passion to assist families and children in the foster care system!***
If you meet the qualifications on this posting and are interested in joining an amazing team that contributes in making a difference, apply online and include your resume and a cover letter with your application.
This position offers excellent benefits that includes vacation and sick accruals, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403(b) retirement plan with an employer contribution.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities)
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.