Family Specialist DCS/DDD
RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home.
RISE FAMILY SERVICES specializes in finding and supporting loving and caring families for children and adults in need of foster and/or adoptive homes. RISE provides support through many different programs. Through the Family Services Program we recruit, train, prepare, support and mentor individuals and families to provide stable homes for children in the custody of Arizona's Department of Child Safety (DCS) as well as adults and children with Arizona's Department of Developmental Disabilities.
We are recruiting to hire a full-time Family Specialist to assist families in the foster/adoption licensing process. The Family Specialist provides services to foster/adoptive parents and developmental homes for individuals through compliance with all regulations and policies with the implementation of the RISE mission, vision and values statement Creating Opportunities for and With People!
This position is based in our Surprise, AZ office to assist families in the foster/adoption licensing process that reside in West Valley communities in Maricopa county. However, during the first two to three weeks during on-boarding and training work will be conducted out of our Mesa, AZ office.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a family caseload of 25-30 cases
- Foster Parents Training Instructor Rotation
- Attending monthly consultations with families including court hearings, Foster Care Review Board (FCRB) meetings, and Child and Family Team me (CFTS) meetings
- Writing home studies, renewals, mid-terms, and amendments
- Act as a liaison with DCS/DDD
- Participating in Emergency Phone Rotation
- Advocating and educating your foster and adoptive families, being a community resource and support to them
- Passion to assist families and children in the foster care system!
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in the human services field and experience in Social Services
- Ability to write and communicate effectively in English
- Must have reliable transportation to attend daily meetings outside of the office
- Able to complete a successful background check and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Bilingual in Spanish spoken, reading and writing is preferred
Competitive salary and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403(b) retirement plan that includes an employer contribution.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.