Family Services Executive Director
RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home. RISE Family Services specializes in finding and supporting loving and caring families for children and adults in need of foster and/or adoptive homes. RISE provides support through many different programs. Through the Family Services Program we recruit, train, prepare, support and mentor individuals and families to provide stable homes for children in the custody of Arizona's Department of Child Safety (DCS) as well as adults and children with developmental disabilities.
RISE also believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home.
We are seeking an Executive Director for our Family Services division. The Executive Director would be responsible for the administration and management of RISE Family Services in Arizona and for the administration of contractual services, fiscal resources, and the development, leadership, and administration of Family Services. Additionally, this person would oversee the development of new service models and expansion of current services and ensures service delivery in a manner consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of Rise Services Inc. and the Family Services Division. The Executive director would also be responsible for the fiscal management of the programs in the RISE Family Services Division and ensures compliance with all RISE corporate and state policies and procedures and other legal and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Will be responsible for management of the Arizona Family Services Division to ensure program success and fiscal sustainability
- Responsibility for ongoing development, improvement, expansion and quality control and compliance of services offered through the Program, including all contracts held by Arizona Family Services and foster family recruitment and development
- Proactive outreach to officials and departments with whom the Program contracts or may potentially contract
- Provide leadership which encourages, guides and develops the program’s management team and promotes teamwork.
- Provide management and supervision to RISE employees in a manner that exceeds the expectation of RISE customers.
- As a leader, ensure that employees effectively perform the essential functions of their positions, that assistance is provided to people receiving support, and both are done through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values and according to the supports RISE is contracted to provide.
- Involvement in local advocacy movements, including family activities, advisory boards, governing councils, special education issues, etc., and are educating members of the legislature, fellow staff, and consumers, in regards to vital disability issues
- Creates new and innovative service models for the children, youth, and adults which are in line with Arizona Family Service Programs
- Create an environment where employees feel comfortable taking risks and sharing new ideas. Build a strong team and instruct staff in team building skills
- Promote and develop new areas of service resulting in increased revenues
- Lobbies for change in a positive manner with funding agencies
- Promotes and engages in positive relationships with all customers
- Develop systems to continuously improve the personnel system to support the RISE mission
- Participates and ensures compliance with all RISE corporate systems, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrate competency in financial and budgetary issues as required, including staying within appropriated budgets, maintaining checking ledgers, and adherence to procedures for payroll, billings, and payables, and the ability to instruct staff in these areas
- Ability to remain flexible as position requirements evolve
- Ensure the program meet all state licensing requirements.
- Continuously evaluate the quality of supports being provided, while identifying areas that could use improvement.
- Master’s degree in a human services related field or a bachelor’s degree in a human services related field with substantial experience and expertise in leadership
- Five years full time experience in human services, with at least one year experience providing direct service and three years of experience in a senior leadership role
- At least one-year experience providing services to people with intellectual or developmental disabilities, mental health needs, and children
- Working knowledge of Arizona Department of Child Safety (DCS) and relationships with key stakeholders in the Department of Child Safety, Division of Developmental Disabilities and Department of Economic Security programs
- Experience in management of contractual agreements, state and regional practices and community service agencies
- Ability to work independently and in teams to create, promote and drive growth of Rise Family Services; includes expanding current services and development of new programs, contracts, services and relationships were applicable, throughout the state of Arizona
- Ability to shape organizational culture effectively
- Ability to build relationships and to effectively communicate with multiple customers including the Executive Team, Opportunity Management Group (OMG), Board of Directors, state partners, employees, families, children, people with disabilities, all levels of the organization, and community partners
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job task required that includes effective written communication abilities relevant to the position and other required material, including proposals, vendor agreements and contractual reports
- Experience implementing systems to monitor program policy/procedure and contractual compliance
- Self-directed and works with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed
- Must complete notarized Criminal Self-Disclosure, pass background check and obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 46843