Family Services Director DDD Mesa
**Please apply if you feel this is the right position for you.
Please copy & paste the following URL into your web browser box and complete our online application**
RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home. RISE FAMILY SERVICES specializes in finding and supporting loving and caring families for children and adults in need of foster and/or adoptive homes. RISE provides support through many different programs. Through the Family Services Program we recruit, train, prepare, support and mentor individuals and families to provide stable homes for children in the custody of Arizona's Department of Child Safety (DCS) as well as adults and children with developmental disabilities the Arizona's Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD).
RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home.
RISE Services is excited to be hiring a Director within our Family Services department to oversee the licensing of our child and adult developmental homes for the Division of Developmental Disabilities. The position will provide service and support to Resource (foster/adoptive) parents and developmental homes, as well as the Family Service Specialists through the implementation of the RISE Family Services Mission, Vision and Values and in compliance with all regulations and policies.
Provide direct supervision to Family Specialists based at multiple locations that include in Mesa, Surprise and Tucson in regards to maintenance of caseload, documentation, licensing compliance, and professional development. Ensure accountability of Family Specialists to perform essential job functions. Training of staff on policy and procedure updates.
Responsible for assuring that programs meet expectations of RISE corporate and state policies and procedures, as well as all requirements of funding agencies.
Train or facilitate training for potential foster/adoptive families and developmental homes, including on-going and advanced training, and through in-home consultations. Assist new families through initial licensing or certification process, including compliance with all requirements, documents, and completion of an objective home study. Maintain professional support and relationship with assigned families, while ensuring compliance with all licensing requirements, RISE Inc. policies and foster/developmental home expectations for safety and care of children and adults in the homes.
Serve as mediation to address customer concerns and feedback.
Adhere to budgetary guidelines, including accountability for use of program funds.
Be knowledgeable of contractual and licensing requirements and ensure compliance by the agency
- Must have a bachelor's degree in the field of social services, developmental disabilities, mental health, child development, and/or other related fields
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in services to children and families and (2) years in adoption services
- Must have previous work experience in supervising, coaching, training of staff, resource families and community partners
- Experience with cultural diversity, including the ability to relate to families of varied lifestyles, backgrounds, and ethnicities, assessing a family’s strengths and needs, mediation and intervention techniques, training on the Child Welfare Act, MEPA-IEPA, knowledge of child development, child abuse and neglect and a working knowledge of Arizona Department of Child Safety, the Division of Developmental Disabilities programs and the Department of Economic Services programs
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills using accurate grammatical form, including the ability to listen, facilitate and present effectively in individual and/or group situations including people receiving support, professional parents, advisors, biological parents, state personnel and others
- Able to effectively communicate by any means (electronically, telephone, face-to-face) with multiple customers including people receiving support, professional parents, advisors, biological parents, state personnel and others
- Language ability (other than English) may be required to meet specific needs of people receiving support
- Able to effectively problem solve and make decisions to include resolving crisis situations, and developing resolutions between parties
- Work well with other team members by demonstrating ability to cooperate with others in the group using friendly, cooperative relations in accomplishing mutual goals and preparing assignments on time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to travel throughout Arizona
Additional Candidacy Requirements:
- To drive a RISE vehicle, must be a minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency.
- Must be able to pass drug test, DCS and APS Central Registry background check and obtain Level One Fingerprint Card clearance.
This is a full time position working Monday-Friday with some required weekend and night work hours.
If you meet the qualifications on this posting and are interested in joining an amazing team that contributes in making a difference, apply online and include your resume and a cover letter with your application.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) US mail to RISE Inc., 4554 E Inverness Avenue, Suite 216, Mesa, AZ 85206
(c) Dedicated phone – 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Pay: $40,000 to $43,000/year
Job Status: Full Time