Family Services Behavior Specialist - Albany
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For 25 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE receives continuous referrals for behavior consultation services and needs to add to our Family Services Department in order to meet family’s needs.
The Behavior Consultant will model, teach, and provide positive behavioral intervention to children and adults with autism, intellectual disabilities, and/or mental health needs. The Consultant will meet with the client and/or their family in the home, observe the client in the community and home, develop a written support plan, and train the family on the support plan. Typically, a Behavior Consultant is working with a family and client over the course of three months and balances a caseload of 15-30 clients.
* Bachelor's degree in Social Science, Special Education or other related field required.
* At least one year experience working with Developmentally Disabled individuals required.
* Training in principles in positive behavior support with experience and education in the field of developmental disabilities (such as OIS and positive behavior supports).
* Must have interest and experience supporting difficult behaviors for individuals who are diagnosed with developmental disabilities and/or mental health issues.
* Must have a person-centered philosophy, be dedicated to quality supports for individuals, self-motivated, honest, dependable and flexible.
* Strong communication and organization skills required. Must have the ability to problem solve, and to work independently.
* This position requires on-call accessibility and some travel is required.
* Strength in Microsoft Word, Excel, and written correspondence/documentation.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay and benefits. Benefits include family medical, dental and vision and 403b retirement savings plan we also provide a generous paid vacation and holiday schedule.