Executive Director - Utah
RISE Services, a nonprofit human services organization, is seeking an Executive Director for our Utah operations, who will be responsible to oversee the operations, direction and management of the Utah departments and programs through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values and in compliance with all regulations and policies. In this role, the Executive Director will be responsible to implement the services that are provided to our clients with developmental disabilities. The Executive Director will develop and teach life skills and help achieve the goals of the client. They would also have the leadership skills to direct all employees on how to teach life skills as well as lead operations, budget and staffing.
The Executive Director will develop and foster strong relationships with key human services stakeholders including providers and associations. This person serves as the external facing leader to state agencies. This role provides guidance, coaching, and supervision to our state management team. This person assists with achieving goals while ensuring that systems are in place to support daily operations. This position is responsible for fiscal management and regulatory compliance throughout the state.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain positive and supportive relationships with officials from the Department of Economic Security, Department of Health & Human Services (DSPD), Utah Division of Child and Family Services, Utah Child Protective Services and other funding sources within the State of Utah.
- Provide guidance and support to the Utah Management Team. Ensure consistent communication throughout the UT management teams.
- Participate as a member of the RISE Executive Team. Communicate and implement decisions from RISE Executive Team within the state of Utah.
- Demonstrate pro-active and effective advocacy for children and adults with disabilities and those receiving support from RISE. Create new and innovative models of service for people with development disabilities.
- Ensure programs meet the expectation of RISE and the state of Utah Policies and Procedures.
- Be innovative with a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Evaluate the presence and effectiveness of systems to support daily operations.
- Identify trends to help improve services being delivered.
- Promote and develop new areas of service while working closely with the UT Program Administrators to facilitate growth and new revenue within each District.
- Conduct continuous assessments of training systems to ensure funding source requirements are met.
- Advocate and lobby in a positive manner for contractual and systematic changes with funding agencies, placing client rights in the forefront.
- Represent the interests of RISE and the people we support with state agencies, other providers, families and professional organizations.
- Accountable for oversight the activities and performance of the programs.
- Maintain positive relationships with state officials
- Leads implementation efforts for new program initiatives in accordance with governmental program requirements.
- Provides strong representation and collaboration to advance population health and health equity efforts.
- Actively works to strengthen the human services system of care progressively serving an increasing number of members.
- Maintains compliance of the human services system with all appropriate state and federal regulations, contractual requirements, and state laws.
- Oversees the development of detailed policies and procedures, and flowcharted process, for all functions.
- Develop, maintain, and promote staff performance, training, and provide a management succession plan.
- Develops and regularly reports specific quality of care and quality of service measures. Meets and/or exceeds quality targets.
- Develops comprehensive performance measures and reports them monthly to Corporate.
- Advocate and lobby in a positive manner for contractual and systematic changes with funding agencies, placing clients right in the forefront.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Social Science, Special Education, Business or other related field.
- Education and experience related to the services provided, including the DES/DDD state system.
- Experience with and respect for cultural diversity.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in supervision, coaching, management, training, and development of staff and programs.
- Ability to create innovative program solutions for people with disabilities.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments.
- Ability to build relationships and to communicate with multiple customers including the people receiving support, professional parents, advisors, state personnel and others.
- Skilled in written communication relevant to the position and other required material, including proposals for potential contracts and vendor agreements.
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology, teaching principles, and human behavior useful.
- Demonstrative goals setting for growth and development, with little supervision, and self-directed planning and execution of goals.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed.
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS that include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA and a 403b employee savings plan.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email hrdept @riseservicesinc.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone – 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.