Executive Director, Residential/Hourly Division
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
We are currently seeking an experienced, goal-oriented Executive Director to lead our Arizona team. The position is responsible for the leadership, management and growth of operations in Arizona. This role provides guidance, coaching and supervision to our state management team and assists them in achieving goals while ensuring that systems are in place to support daily operations of the company. Additionally, the Executive Director is responsible for the fiscal management and regulatory compliance throughout Arizona.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain positive and supportive relationships with officials from the Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities, Department of Child Safety and other funding sources within in each Arizona District
- Provide guidance and support to the Arizona Management Team. Ensure consistent communication throughout the AZ management teams.
- Participate as a member of the RISE Executive Team. Communicate and implement decisions from RISE Executive Team within the state of Arizona.
- Demonstrate pro-active and effective advocacy for children and adults with disabilities and those receiving support from RISE. Create new and innovative models of service for people with development disabilities.
- Ensure programs meet the expectation of RISE and the state of Arizona Policies and Procedures.
- Be innovative with a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Evaluate the presence and effectiveness of systems to support daily operations.
- Identify trends to help improve services being delivered.
- Promote and develop new areas of service while working closely with the AZ Program Administrators to facilitate growth and new revenue within each District.
- Conduct continuous assessments of training systems to ensure funding source requirements are met.
- Advocate and lobby in a positive manner for contractual and systematic changes with funding agencies, placing client rights in the forefront.
- Represent the interests of RISE and the people we support with state agencies, other providers, families and professional organizations.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Social Science, Special Education, Business or other related field.
- Education and experience related to the services provided, including the DES/DDD state system
- Experience with and respect for cultural diversity.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in supervision, coaching, management, training, and development of staff and programs.
- Ability to create innovative program solutions for people with disabilities.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments.
- Ability to build relationships and to communicate with multiple customers including the people receiving support, professional parents, advisors, state personnel and others.
- Skilled in written communication relevant to the position and other required material, including proposals for potential contracts and vendor agreements.
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology, teaching principles, and human behavior useful.
- Demonstrative goals setting for growth and development, with little supervision, and self-directed planning and execution of goals.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed.
Additional Candidacy Requirements:
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete a successful background check, driving record check, drug test and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
RISE offers competitive salary and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403b that includes an employer contribution.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.