Executive Director of Business Strategy & Development (56197)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states.
The Executive Director of Business Strategy & Development is responsible for maximizing the organization’s operating performance. Ensures sound financial practices of the organization, managing the strategic plan, ensuring a healthy working environment and overseeing revenue generation and general business operations. Performs market research to identify new opportunities and establishes strategies for pursuing those new opportunities. Oversees the fiscal management of the programs, ensures compliance with all RISE corporate and state policies and procedures and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Will be responsible for management of the business aspect of Texas programs to ensure program success and fiscal sustainability
- Responsibility for ongoing development, improvement, expansion and quality control and compliance of services
- Proactive outreach to officials and departments with whom the Program contracts or may potentially contract
- Provide leadership which encourages, guides and develops the program’s management team and promotes teamwork.
- Partner with the Executive Director of Treatment Foster Care
- Provide management and supervision to RISE employees, as needed, and in a manner that exceeds the expectation of RISE customers.
- As a supervisor, ensure that employees effectively perform the essential functions of their positions, that assistance is provided to people receiving support, and both are done through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values and according to the supports RISE is contracted to provide.
- Involvement in local advocacy movements, including family activities, advisory boards, governing councils, special education issues, etc., and are educating members of the legislature, fellow staff, and consumers, in regards to vital disability issues
- Partner with other providers, as necessary and applicable, to advocate for programs and services
- Create new and innovative service models for the children, youth, and families in Texas in accordance with the RISE mission, vision, and values
- Promote and develop new areas of service resulting in increased revenues
- Lobbies for change in a positive manner with funding agencies
- Promotes and engages in positive relationships with all customers
- Participates and ensures compliance with all RISE corporate systems, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrate competency in financial and budgetary issues as required, including staying within appropriated budgets, maintaining checking ledgers, and adherence to procedures for payroll, billings, and payables, and the ability to instruct staff in these areas
- Ability to remain flexible as position requirements evolve
- Become the Child Placing Administrator and maintain the Child Placing Agency license as needed
- Ensure the program meet all licensing requirements.
- Continuously evaluate the quality of supports being provided, while identifying areas that could use improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in business or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in program supervision, development and management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fiscal management and analysis
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Experience with contracts, contract proposals, implementation, contract oversight and management
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities and/or children in foster care preferred
- Current and contemporary understanding of child development, family systems, child welfare systems and juvenile justice services
- Experience implementing systems to monitor program policy/procedure and contractual compliance
- Must communicate effectively in individual or group situations, including demonstrating listening, writing, and interpretive skills
- Ability to build relationships with current and potential stakeholders, state entities, families, placements, and corporate leaders
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel
- Self-directed and works with minimal supervision
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.