Employment Services Coordinator
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in group homes, in-home care and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
What does this role entail?
Your role as the Day Services Coordinator will have many purposes, ranging from helping adults develop skills they could use at work to finding creative hobbies and outlets through which they can better express who they are and what they care about. You will be able to invest 1:1 time learning the best way to support each individual. You will help them discover what skills they have and how they might fit into a job or at home. Then, with your leadership our staff will assist help them apply those skills to every aspect of their lives. Your position will be responsible for providing administrative support and growing the Day Support Activities program in Salem and surrounding areas. We will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible to recruit, hire, coach, train, evaluate, supervise and discipline Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) and Job Coaches. Verify and approve timecards.
- Schedule and arrange support and respite care services for individuals and their families based on allocated hours.
- Schedule and arrange support for individuals based on client’s work schedule
- Train DSPs and Job Coaches on support documents and appropriately carrying out strategies outlined including emotional and cognitive support, activities of daily living, role-modeling, positive behavior supports, personal protective interventions, promoting choice, and maintaining safety.
- Develop, write, and update Safety Plans, Protocols, and other necessary support documents in partnership with the individual’s team and/or guardian.
- Attending ISP and Pre-ISP meetings for clients with the county as scheduled.
- Complete and monitor client billing for assigned areas, and follow up on any billing issues that arise.
- Perform administrative functions for RISE systems, such as Paycom, DCI, and Therap.
- Follow all state and federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships and professional boundaries with team members, DSP's, and families
- Establish partnerships with RISE customers, e.g., funding agencies, county case managers, foster parents, etc.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Coordinate a variety of requests from team and family
- Understand and abide by state regulatory requirements and principles of positive behavior support
- Travel to various meetings and various service site locations in assigned area(s).
- Bachelor's degree in social services (or a related field) preferred.
- 1 year of management or supervisory experience is preferred
- Experience in the developmental disability/mental health field is preferred.
- Self directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build relationships and to communicate with multiple team members.,
- Ability to work flexible hours and some travel required.
- Ability to pass DHS Background Check.
- Maintain a valid driver's license with good a driving record.
- Paid training (in person and online)
- Medical, dental and vision package
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- 13 paid holidays
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement planning
- Disability & Life insurance
- Pet insurance and discounts
- Ongoing career opportunities and more!
RISE is driven to break the model of care for individuals with disabilities by providing exceptional 1:1 care to the individuals we get to serve. We live this mission by providing various programs to grow and support our staff. This is a great opportunity for a responsible, committed individual that wants to be part of making a difference in the lives of others! This is a great opportunity for a responsible, committed individual that wants to be part of making a difference in the lives of others!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 98036